Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ooowwwwwwwww

I fell over at my dance class last night and hurt my ankle. I thought it would be ok in the morning but it is still very sore to walk on. I got my hubby to drive me to work this morning on his way to work as I had an annual review for one of my class. The head has now brought me home in her car (felt weird, but I do like her so we had a good chat) and has told me not to come back till I'm properly better and if it doesn't improve after today to get myself to a docs to get it checked out.

So I'm now at home and bored because I can't do anything other than sit still!

I've also realised I've left my laptop at work so can't write my other anual reviews as the ones I've started are on there!

Also gutted cos I was supposed to be going with the head to meet my new pupil after school. Never mind.

Guest MaryEMac

Hope your ankle soon heals Nichola. Make the most of your enforced rest, catch up on your recreational reading and let someone else do the cooking. :o

Mary

Hope your ankle soon heals Nichola. Make the most of your enforced rest, catch up on your recreational reading and let someone else do the cooking. :o

Mary

xD:(:( Do the cooking? Joe can't cook! I'm trying to teach him slowly! Good excuse to have a take away tonight eh? I've already got him bringing me home some chocolate!

Hurray for the internet and YouTube as I've been sat watching loads of random videos!

Oh, Nicola :o ! How are you doing now?

It is very important to keep you leg up, in a higher level than that of your heart and put ice every 2 hours for 20 minutes each session during the 1st 24 hrs. If you don't feel well in the morning, go to the doctor. Okay? Let us know. Take care.

Oh, Nichola I hope you feel better soon. :D I am in pain too all down my right leg and its got worse since I got home from college. So I know the feeling. :o Plus I have work in the morning, ummm wonder what there making at the look and cook session, whilst I and a few others care for the children in creche.

Get better soon

Beth

ooh, poor you strains, bruises etc can be more painful than broken bones xD Rest as much as possible and hope you get better soon.

My hubbies been very ill for a week ( really bad virus ) and I can't cook either. :(

hope the chocolates are helping to relieve the pain. :o

Peggy

Nich!!!

YouTube!! Try searching for 'Teenage Casket Company' - their new (ish) vid is up - called "Don't Look At Me Like That". My son is in it - he was initially just doing lighting (he's a Theatre Techie), but we're HUGE fans and mates, and somehow he ended up in it !! He's the annoying fan throughout who makes off with the girls at the end!!! :o

OK, so it's not going to change the face of music, but they're a great bunch of guys who truly love and believe in what they're doing, and I LIKE THEM ! 'Nuff said. :D

Sue

Aww thanks everyone for your replies! It is feeling quite a bit better this morning, I can put more weight on it, although I'm not planning to unless I have to go to the loo or need food!

Joe came home with a bandage for me, a box of Guilam (sp) chocs (the seashells ones) and a chippy tea!

Hoping I'm feeling good tomorrow as I'm supposed to be going with my friend and her mum to a wedding fair as i'm being one of her 2 bridesmaids!

Hi Nichola. Well it sounds as if you are doing all the right kind of TLC things to hasten your recovery- chocs, chips, ooh lovely. The Wedding Fayre sounds like a good idea for lifting the spirits so I hope that you have a fantastic time there- but don't overdo the walking and putting weight on your leg.

Now you know what us stay-at-homes do all day - thanks for joining us :o:D

Yeah, really hoping I can get to the fair. I loved going when I was getting married so now I'm chief bridesmaid (or matron of honour I guess as I'm married but that makes me feel old!) it means I can do all the fun bits and not get stressed!

Well I made it to the fair and to appease everyone I went to A and E to get checked over. They said I was doing all the right things and just have to listen to my body to whenI'm ready to go back to work! Hoping to go back on Monday as I have a new one visiting on Tuesday and a member of staff coming back after long term sick leave on Monday!