Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Settling-in Policy

Does anyone have an Aim or Statement of Intent for their Settling-In Policy.

I know I could think one up if I thought about it, but am feeling lazy and uninspirational!

I don't want it to be long - any ideas?

Ours is an Admissions and Settling In Policy which starts

"This policy has been drawn up to ensure that admissions to playgroup are conducted in a fair and equitable way and that the settling in procedure is responsive to the individual needs and preferences of the families attending the group. Care will be taken to adhere to the Equal Opportunities Policy of the playgroup at all times."

The following starts our settling in policy:

"We want the children to feel safe and happy in the absence of their parents, to recognise other adults as a source of authority, help and friendship and to be able to share with their parents afterwards the new learning experiences enjoyed in our pre-school."

We then go on to say how we would achieve this, eg by having children in to visit before starting, flexible admission procedures, supporting families etc.

Linda

heres ours:

Statement of intent

We want children to feel safe, stimulated and happy in the pre-school and to feel secure and comfortable with staff. We also want parents to have confidence in both their children’s well being and their role as active partners with the pre-school.

Aim

We aim to make the pre-school a welcome place where children settle quickly and easily because consideration has been given to the individual needs and circumstances of children and their families.

• Before a child starts to attend the pre-school, we use a variety of ways to provide his/her parents with information. These include written information (including our prospectus and policies), displays about pre-school activities, information days and evening and individual meetings with parents.

• During the half-term before a child is enrolled, we provide opportunities for the child and his/her parents to visit the pre-school.

• When a child starts to attend, we work with his/her parents to decide on the best way to help the child to settle into the pre-school.

• We allocate a key person to each child and his/her family, before she/he starts to attend; the key person welcomes and looks after the child and his/her parents at the child’s first session.

• We use pre-start visits and the first session at which a child attends to explain and complete with his /her parents the child’s registration records.

• Within the first four weeks of starting we discuss and work with the child’s parents to create their child’s record of achievement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)