Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Playdough And The Carpet

Hiya

I hope someone might be able to help me! Is there any way to get playdough out of the carpet? My class had new carpets laid in september, with a far too small lino area :o

Therefore everytime I have the playdough out it enivitably falls on the floor, gets stepped on and goes all over the carpet.

Anyone have any ideas, or even how I can begin to minimise future occurances

would be grateful as have the cleaners telling me off constantly!

Amanda

I think its the remit of cleaners everywhere to moan about dough, its part of their job description!

I only have carpet in my classroom and use the dough in a lino area outside the room itself but the dough still gets walked in, in treads on shoes!!

It seems to get everywhere. I use a steamer on my carpets and this takes it off beautifully with little or no effort. I also agree that using a tuff spot for the playdough that it does manage to stay in the tray more so than on a table - this might be a worthwhile investment - about £12.00 and can be used for 100 other things too. It fits perfectly of two trapeizodal (sorry spelling) and allows 5 children to work together and access the resources. Otherwise no easy solution but a hands and knees job.

Nikki

Thank you for your replies :)

I hadn't thought of using my tuff spot with the dough, its a good idea. I use my tuff spot all the time for other things, and its funny how sometimes answers can stare you in the face but you don't see them! Thats whats great about the forum - ask a question and someone somewhere will point it out to you :D

Amanda

I find that baby wipes or any toilet wipes bring it off our school carpet. The children enjoy helping to wipe it off too!

Hope it works

Joanne

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)