Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Baby Sign

Hi

I am looking at getting tiny talk in to do staff training on baby sign and incorporating baby sign within our nursery. Has anyone done this training or had any expereince of baby sign. Is it worth doing? Does it work? Would you recommend? Thanks :D

I havent had first hand experience of this but my boss did take her child to a class not long ago and she didnt rate it very much she said most of it was common sense and in her words (not mine) a waste of time x

Hi

Although not direct experience of baby sign itself - one of the parents at our nursery runs a Baby Talk class - her daughter who used Baby Talk has very good language and communication skills for a 2.6 year old, as have other, younger, children who have viewed our nursery via the mum. There was a very good article in Nursery World about Baby Signing 2 or 3 weeks ago which gave it the thumbs up.

I had a mum a few years ago who used it with her 2 children. both children could sign what they wanted way before a child could talk. she lent me videos of the course and I was very impressed.

Children that were still at the non verbal stage could make them selves understood what they wanted very well.

Good luck hope it goes well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)