Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Well I Went To This Meeting/interview.....

beth1

this afternoon and meet the centre manager of the Children's Centre outreach side of the building. I was asked to wait in a seating area by some parents who were bi-lingual (Urdu/Punjabi speaking) and then met the centre manager. :D

Well we talked about what days I can do, when I am working at my other creches college etc. :( So I told her I work on Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday am and Thursdays college. This postion is working in the creche, there are 3 per day, 9.30-11.30, 12.30-2.30, 3.15-4.15(I think) plus 2 afternoon creches at another base when neccessary. I met some of the staff and got shown around the creche room. xD

After this she wanted me to give her 2 refences and other details to follow on later. :o We have arragned for me to get to know the staff/children in the whole building on Wednesday afternoon after I have worked at my usual creche in the morning. :wacko: :(:D And it will go from there to what days I am working from next week. Plus in the weeks to come I may have to lead some of the creches myself. xD:(

Aw its going to be my last day tommorow at my placement school, I am going to miss them, anyway I was spoose to move into Year 1 for this half term. :unsure: : :rolleyes:

I will keep you upto date as possible. :D

Beth

Well ummm all isn't what it seems. The creche co-ordinator is now saying what am I hear for? pay?, sounds like I won't get a full level 3 pay until I have competed a few courses including: 3rd B23, foundation stage, etc. In the creche I felt unsuported, confused etc. I haven't got a clue how long the postion is for as they are saying its for a trial period, and they want me on Mondays 12.00 til 4.30, Tues 9.00 til 4.30, Weds 12.00 til 3.

Beth

Have they not got to put any offer in writing???? All sound very laid back - no wonder you are confused! Perhaps you could ask for it in writing - that might help!

Well funny you mention that I would only get a contract in writing after this so called trial basis. :o Don't know much about but my gutt instinct is that they just want to get someone throught the door to work there no matter what.

Beth