Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Strange How Things Can Turn Out

Saw an old collegue today and got chatting about a chairman that we both new and was really shocked about some of the things that I heard. I know the nursery well that she chaired, also lots of the parents, some of the staff and committee members, so know her reputation well. I know we often moan about committees and how they run the nurseries but she was very different. Was very dedicated and passionate about the nursery, stood by the staff and really worked hard to bring the nursery to very high standards. She was praised by lots of officials for her dedication. Anyway I should really get to the point.....she fell out with a staff member (who in the end treated her quite badly) her and the staff member used to be really good friends until a disciplinery was involved, it got heated one day and things just weren't the same after that and communication failed. Obviously she would of resigned at some point anyway but I just find it very sad how things turend out. The committee supported her throughout and was shocked to hear what they had to say about the staff member, sometimes us staff aren't always right! Because of legalitys they had no way of getting rid of the staff member so the chairman decided that in the best interest of the nursery she would resign.

Sorry for the rant but had to get this off my chest. I suppose it does show that being friends with your staff doesn't always work and can turn out very nasty :o

think you need to be very careful there Jem, as you do not know both sides of the story, somthing similar happened in our setting and thre are always two sides :)

Edited by hali

Unfortunately another example of why it does not work been friends with your staff I learnt the hard way and will not do that again. ON both sides it can be difficult, staff try to take advantage and if you have a worker who is your friend you tend to expect more of them and can at times put on the friendship

I understand it can work both ways and do realise that some chairs can do more harm than good. The person I spoke to was one of the heads of the committee, I had heard lots from members of staff (who were present when the main argument took place) and also parents, obviously only took as gossip as there is always two sides to every story but after talking to the committee member most things ring true. Just think it's very sad that two peolpe used to work really well together and then they can fall out so badly. The nursey is still a lovely place, but don't think they'll find someone with as much dedication (who was a volunteer - really good ones are hard to find).

I myself once learnt the hard way (working with a friend) and will not be doing it again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)