Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessments Time To Do Them

I work in a foundation stage unit with 2 teachers and another NN.

For the last 14 years i have taken home scrap books, portfolios and assessment sheets and filled these in on a wekend and in the holidays.

as a nursery nurse i usually have around 23 children tht i have to fill these in for, however I just wondered when we are sopposed to fill these in.

As a N.N I start work at (officially ) 8.30-4pm =32.5 hours a week with one hour for lunch and no breaks. I already arrive at work about 8 and usually only get about 30 mins for lunch once we have cleaned up and set up for aft children.

I just wondered when other people fill therse in as I have now stopped taking them home and dont have any time to fill them in at school.

If we dont get allocated time then should we not fill them in, so S M T can see there isnt enough time.

I have always released my NNs to to things like this, you should not be taking them home and you do need to say no.

I know its hard to say no when you have always done these things but the SMT do need to realise that you are not paid for things you do at home, and that there just aren't enough hours in the day.

As part of a smt I had a meeting with my nursery staff and we discussed the best way to ensure that paperwork was been completed I offered to free staff up from work but they prefered to take the paperwork home to complete in quiet and I pay them 2 hours extra per week or they have 2 hours lieu time to do this. we find this works well for all

Guest tinkerbell

You should have time in school to do this,talk to the teachers about it.

Each half term I have the morning with my TA (my PPA time) to fill in the e-profile and discuss the children.We also keep a big book of photos and my TA does the 2 pages every week with the children in Golden time or I do the pages with the children, who love choosing the ones to go in.

Tinkerbellx

The work that you need to put in to complete these records definitely needs to be recognised by the SMT - you need to sit down with them and talk about what works best for you - as someone else has said, that might be taking the books home to complete (if you are happy to do that) but you should be recompensed for those extra hours if that is the solution.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)