Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Freebies

Hi everyone,

Have been collecting a few resources for a pattern theme when we return to Pre school after half term. I decided to phone a local interior designer on the off chance that they might have some sample fabric/wallpaper books that they didnt need.

The lady i spoke to was so lovely she said she was about to throw out lots of fabric samples and we were welcome to come and have a rummage through before she did.

Wow is all i can say, i have two big black sacks of the most equisite fabric, some of the samples are full size, i have chintz, voile, textured suede's, leather swatches and lots more. With patterns galore, spots, stripes, animal prints, wood effect etc etc. Some of it will make great Sari's for the home corner and table clothes for snack time.

I feel so pleased with myself.

Claire x

how does it go...let your fingers do the walking?...now where's my yellow pages.....

Thanks for the great idea. :D

Have fun ( just slightly jealous :o )

Peggy

I'm jealous too. I have noticed that when I collect stuff for the nursery I'm in it disappears as 'rubbish'. Some people just dont understand how many ways you can use a piece of paper let alone fabrics, boxes, tubes, buttons, ribbons.......... :o

Have fun :D

Laura Ashley will also give away their interior designers fabric samples............................most of which are simply wonderful! :)And, go to knitting shops.......they often have cardboard and plastic cones to get rid of, as lots of wool arrives on those