Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

So I Went For This Interview Today...

...and was met by the owner of the pre-school and the soon to be area manager. From what I can gather the area manager is the current manager of the pre-school but the company are expanding so hence the area mananger title and the manager vacancy I have gone for today.

The interview went quite well, I felt with the owner and the AM asking lots of questions, all of which I seemed able to answer fairly well. I decided to be honest about my reasons for leaving the current nursery and the owner said that she felt that it was a professional decision for me to make, so that made me feel lots better! I was a bit worried about giving them my reasons, but I managed to do it so that I wasn't slating the nursery completely (as much as I could have done!)

I've been invited back on Thursday morning to get a feel for the place during opening hours. I've got a good feeling about this. The timing of my leaving the nursery and the time they want the successful candidate to start all ties in nicely so that is also a positive step.

At the end of the interview I stood up, smiled and shook hands with them both, not really believing that I had managed to find two people with similar viewpoints to me. I really never thought I would br fortunate enough to experience this outside of the forum. I then asked them how soon I would know whether or not I had been successful and the owner told me that she was impressed with me and that she liked me (!!!!!) and I would know by Monday next week.

So, I'm trying not to get my hopes up (just in case) but it seemed to go really well and I'm so pleased with myself for making the break from the nursery. Even if it doesn't go well, I am so happy with my interview technique that I feel it has already been a learning curve.

Clare, that all sounds really positive. I know what you mean about deciding to be honest about reasons for leaving - I really think that honesty is the best policy as much as possible so well done for that!

The very best of luck, looking forward to hearing more.....! :)

Edited by Wolfie

Hope tomorrow goes well then, Clare and you get some good news soon!

Sorry you seem so doubtful again, Beth.

Yes it now looks like the job is not for me, they are refusing to pay the agencies fees to take me on! :o

Oh well there must be something better around the corner, hang on I keep saying this and whats happening ummm not alot.

Beth

Well done Clare, enjoy your visit on thursday and hope its good news Monday. I like the way you are being so positive valuing the interview experience as it shows you can do it. :D

It's also good when you feel that views are similar with interviewers.

Beth, sorry to hear about the agency mess up :o I was hoping it could be sorted out in your favour, still see it as a step forward it was out of your hands so to speak and not a reflection on your ability to get the job. xD:)

peggy

Well, yesterday I went and did the trial day at the pre-school. I sat at the small world area for ages, and the children came and approached me, which was really nice. I had some lovely conversations and interactions with the children. I then went and sat in the book area where I sat reading what felt like hundreds of stories to different groups of children.

The manager called me over and said that she was happy with me, but felt that I had sat for too long in the two areas. My response to this was that I did not want to intimidate the children, by being an unknown face and felt that by the children coming to me, meant that they were interested, but I had not forced them to sit with me or talk to me.

Anyway, I felt it went quite well and then today I received a phone call, saying that they wanted me for the position so I am really, really chuffed.

What a star you are - well done! :) It's always awkward being observed with a group of children that you don't know at all, you obviously did really well and could back up your practice with a well founded argument - well done again! :)

Have a good, RELAXING weekend!

Edited by Wolfie

Thats brilliant news Clare, well done. :D

I had an interview today and got asked back next Wednesday so here's hoping, it is a nursery assistant position (I want to demote myself whilst doing the FDey)

its a Highscope nursery, it seemed really nice, but I am trying not to raise my hopes too much.