Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yippee Start My Degree On Monday

EXCITED OR WHAT :D

Just received this email this morning. I quote;

Hi Peggy

I'm pleased to be able to tell you that your APL claim has been successful.

You will be starting the degree on Monday 19th February.

You will enter the BA (Hons) Learning Technology and Research modules

pathway in year 2 with Cohort 5 and will study one level 1 and two level 2

module Modules:

Module CB130005S Introduction to Online Communication & Technology

Module CB230996S Independent Learning Module: Education or Childhood

Studies

Module CB230006S Action Inquiry

Welcome to Ultraversity

Regards

Tim

getting the APL has saved me one year of study and obviously the cost. :)

I chose this degree because it is totally home based, I love action enquiry and it is my first step to then go on to gain EYPS. :D

Hopefully, the extra work load won't take me away from the forum too much :o In fact I may well be asking forum members to contribute to my research in the future. xD

Peggy

Fantastic Peggy - good luck! :D

(I am still reeling from the fact that I wont be able to do EYPS as I am Rec based in a school that has no nursery.)

Go for it! :)

Fantastic Peggy - good luck! :D

(I am still reeling from the fact that I wont be able to do EYPS as I am Rec based in a school that has no nursery.)

Go for it! :)

Don't despair too much, I think it is just PVI sector are being the first to go through the EYPS route and that public sector will get the chance later on. I beleive it is so that the PVI sector can meet the 2010, person with a degree in setting requirements. ie: it was a carrot to get PVI sector employees onto doing degree, which teachers obviously already have.

Looking on the positive at least when you do get the chance to do it, the 'pilot' phase will be finished and all 'problems' will have been tweeked out. :D

I can't do EYPS until I achieve my degree, even though I already feel that I am an 'Early Years professional' just need to leep through the hoops to prove it as 20+ years experience, level 4 qualifications isn't as yet regarded as 'professional' xD

Maybe we should all just skip a level, get our Masters and be the ones who 'write' these requirements eh? :o

Peggy

Well done, Peggy. I'm sure you'll find loads of help on here with your research.

Its nice to hear you're excited about doing your degree - especially as it is such a thorny issue in relation to EYPS.

Lizgriffin - don't give up - I work in a nursery (2-4's) in a school - so need to gain further experience of 0-2 age range but have been accepted onto the short pathway starting in September. In the meantime I hope to gain some relevant experience before I start. As long as your school is supportive your local early years team should be able to help you link up with a nursery where you could gain additional experience.

Have you thought of the direction your research is going to take yet Peggy? I'm asking because my next module is going to be a research module which I am yet to negotiate with my tutor :(

I have a few ideas rumbling around in my brain, keeping in mind it will be another year yet before I even start the research module ( I think - still awaiting my timetable) , 1st thought was How effective the new EYFS is compared to FSC in terms of childrens 'learn through play' experiences. Then recently I was involved in a telephone consultation for CWDC on training needs of the EY workforce, this provoked the question of 'Staff mobility', What reasons staff leave settings in the PVI sector, whether they remain in the sector or get out completely.

Then just this week I have been interested in the Unicef report that places England as the worst country to be in if you are a child in terms of well being, health and education :o , I might just like to look at the educational aspect of this report.

So in a nutshell, not sure yet. xD

What research are you considering?

Peggy

That Unicef report one sounds good....could it possibly involve some foreign travel to check out what happens in other countries? :) Well, if you need anyone to carry your luggage.......! :)

That Unicef report one sounds good....could it possibly involve some foreign travel to check out what happens in other countries? :) Well, if you need anyone to carry your luggage.......! :)

How does Sweden sound, been there once, loved it. :D

Peggy

In a nutshell ......ermm not sure yet :(

I'm thinking of looking at the influence of other curriculum models on the EYFS but really not sure got to do some talking with a tutor as Ive missed a month with my back

I've been thinking of you and hoping your back is getting better. :o

My 1st thought is that comparisons with the EYFS may be a bit difficult until it is actually 'put into practice', 2008. xD Your interpretations will only be based on the 'written document'

Peggy

My Tutor says they have links with Norway and can arrange a visit to an early years setting attached to the university there........might be an idea for my final research project especially as the head is keen for us to look at Scandinavian models and forest schools. We could go en mass :D

My Tutor says they have links with Norway and can arrange a visit to an early years setting attached to the university there........might be an idea for my final research project especially as the head is keen for us to look at Scandinavian models and forest schools. We could go en mass :D

Sounds like a great idea. seriously, maybe something we could actually get organised.

Oooh, really getting excited now, the plus points of degree study. :D

Mind you not sure how hubby will feel, especially being left on his own with the foster family :o When I went to Sweden for a study visit back in 1998, it was just a few weeks after I had moved in with him, with my 12 yr old son. I said, "Got a letter today, I'm off to Sweden for 2 weeks," he said " Where's Ellis going then, to your mums?" I replied, " No-where, he lives here now," like he'd forgotten" xD They enjoyed some 'bonding' moments without me with them. :(

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)