Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Finally Got Round To That Good Tidy Up!

After being in my current post for over a year I have finally tackled that dreaded area behind the curtain. Would you believe there were 15 bags full of rubbish. The majority of which were worksheets back in the day when Reception and Nursery did lots of worksheets. Found some really useful stuff too - Val Sabin's Action Kids 500 was buried deep behind all those sheets. Was looking at this last week on the web and low and behold I had it all along. Thank goodness I hadn't bought it :D Finally feel like I am getting on top of things in terms of organising my classroom environment!

Good well done. :D I wish I had your motivation I just cannot be bothered to try and compelte my course work from last term for college. Its a good thing I don't have to hand it in til the end of April. xD I am really struggling to write about teams and teamwork, orgainsations and quality managment. :o I feel that I still don't know the school team that well even after only being their a few weeks.

Beth

Well done to you Mookie. :D

I have been having a good clear out of all my playgroup clutter upstairs. I have some really useful things but can never locate anything when needed. The only thing I need to do now is try to find a way to sort all my paperwork into some sort of organised way but struggling to find quite the right categories! Anyone have a tried and tested method they can hand on to me? :)

Well, you don't want mine!!

I have been trying for about the last month to sort the work stuff that's living at home so I can get it into work - all I've managed is to spread it throughout the house !!!! xD !!! Needless to say, I am not popular :o

Sue

We had a good clear out a couple of weeks ago. It took my deputy and I five hours to clear out the stock room and make it presentable-and safe!! We had a huge amount of rubbish to throw away-why do we keep it all????? The room looks great now and we can at least access all the rest of the stuff we have in there.

I found it very theraputic. So much so I have started on my home!

Linda

Well done Mookie, well my home/office is a creative representation of my mood. xD

Dark, rainy winter days, untidy, messy, disorganised and lots and lots of bits and pieces that I have bought home and are still awaiting repair or salvage into another useful use. :rolleyes: I do believe computors generate MORE paperwork, the amount of things I download and print off ( because they are really interesting and/ or useful resources), some awaiting laminating, some awaiting comb binding and some awaiting filing, which are in the meantime building into the ever overflowing large heeps ( or should I say organised piles) on the floor. :o

I did spend 20 minutes yesterday shredding the pile of papers called 'awaiting shredding' which are now in a recycle bag in exactly the same place as the pile of unwanted paper, ( in front of the exit door) awaiting transportatoin to the preschool. :unsure: ;)

I do find 'shredding' very theraputic. :D and its great for pretend snow storms or papier mache projects :(

On warm sunny days my office appears to stay tidier than how it is now xD maybe it's just that I don't notice because I don't live 'in it 'so much then. :ph34r:

Peggy

at preschool we had a massive sort out in August and it's remained quite tidy, we have a hanging pockets on the indife of the store cupboard door which we put 'odd' puzzle peices, lego, etc if found after boxes have been stacked away, and we also have a larger box for 'odds and ends' the things which students / helpers are not sure where they go or again everything is stacked away then we find a pile of dinosaurs in the kitchen which have been washed a drained, rather than get everything out to access the dinosaur box, they go i the 'odd bits' box.

Staff would then sort this box putting items away on a weekly basis, however 2 weeks ago it was bought out the cupboard ready to sort and the children got to it before the staff did and spent 30 minutes 'rummaging' through it. :( We now have a rummage and sort away the 'odd bits box' day each week for the children :D

Try saying 'odd bits box' fast five times :( :wacko:

Peggy

Mookie, anytime you want to come and tidy up my cupboard you are more than welcome! I keep so much "invaluable" stuff that I just "can't live without" - and I never even look at it :o

My cupboard gets to the stage where you can't walk into it or open the door properly and then it gets tidied! I do know where everything is though! Honest. My TA usually says give me a morning please and then 'I'm going in!' only to appear a couple of hours later and my cupboard is spotless! Magic!

Has anyone else got a "junk drawer"?! I've had one in every house I've lived in, I've always got a pile of stuff that just doesn't fit into any other categories! I love tidying out that drawer but nothing ever gets moved out of it or thrown away! And I can always find more stuff to go in it..... :D