Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mobile Phone Policy

belle06

We don't have a policy as such, just that in Staff Handbook it says they are not allowed them in the rooms and should not keep 'ducking out' to check for messages on them in Staff Room!!!!!

More recently we have needed to ask staff to take raucous conversations outside - that's RAUCOUS not RAUNCHY !!! :oxD

Sue

PS,

Well, suppose it could be both! :(:(

We don't have a policy but like Sue R the use of mobile phones is included in our staff code of conduct. Staff aren't too much of a problem but students and work experience placements, that's a different story :wacko:

I must admit I hate mobile phones, I find that they encourage conversational bad manners, because they interrupt conversations. In the good old days of the landline, we only made 'important calls' now my sons friends for example pull up outside and phone my son to say they are there rather than ring the doorbell :(:o

I own a mobile phone and spend les than £10 a year, I only have it in the car for long journeys in case of an emergency. Mind you the one time I did need it I used it to phone hubby instead of RAC, my car engine blew, rang hubby said, "engine on fire and my battery is dead," he said "get out the car" xD and how do I know my car battery is dead?" I replied, no my mobile phone battery is dead, phone the RAC for me :(:(

Peggy

Like Peggy, we tend to have problems with students and work experience people who think it acceptable to answer calls and make texts whilst working with the children, so we have put it in our student induction talk when they first come to us - we stress that they are free to use their mobile phones during their lunch break and that if anyone might need to contact them in an emergency during the nursery sessions then they should be given the nursery's landline number.

I keep my phone in the kitchen at work but only answer it if it's the kids schools, hubby or my mum because they only call my mobile if it's an emergency. If I'm not in or around the kitchen the rest of the staff know those are the only calls I accept and like me happily ignore all other calls and texts. The couple of times I've had calls it's always been one of the schools about sickness or accidents and I've had to leave work, thankfully I have a very understanding and supportive boss and ratios have never been affected.

Karrie

My staff I tell them that if they keep it on it must only be used for children schools emergencies etc. Have not had a problem, but students is another thing. had one girl spent her first couple of sessions going backwards and forwards to the toilet. thought she had something wrong with her until I followed her and listened outside the door to hear her talking to her boyfriend. had it turned off after that. they are now only allowed to use it at lunchtimes. My staff are really good and if some one does ring they ignore them if its not the schools.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)