Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Room Changes

Just interested to hear how your staff take it when you decide to make some much needed/strategic room changes amongst staff??!!

I already know I'm going to be crowned Big Bad Witch Take 2, if I carry out my intended plan - despite the reasoning behind it!!!!!!!

Normally badly lol!! But the bottom line is you have to do what is right for the setting. Normally after a few tears and tantrums they normally settle down and enjoy the new room. Try and focus on the positives e.g. it would be good experience if you were to work with that age group or I think you could bring some new ideas into the room etc etc.

Good Luck!!!

My staff never like change and we have the usual strop and sulks to begin with but once they realise the chnge is happening and they get used to it they are fine and usually come back saying what an improvement it was. GOOD LUCK we have all been wicked witches on numerous occasions I am sure

my staff are having a reshuffle at the moment because i will no longer be in a room myself and an existing member of staff will be moving into that room altogether three staff will be moving around they have been great about it and the mood amongst them is really positive

It happened last night with tears and " well Im not stopping to help" and took till 7.00 pm but at the end of the day nursery staff must realise managers do not do this for fun - it is for the childrens benefit.

Things will settle down again- they always do

Sounds like we've had similar weeks :o

Must say I'm lucky with the staff. It's the committee who get on my wick!

I'm assuming you are in day nursery - often lots of younger girls there am I right?

I used to go to DNs to lead music and movement (for some strange reason, the nursery nurses weren't capable of this!) and while I was leading it the girls would be gossipping away whilst pretending to support the children! The manager there was really good at moving them round so they weren't with their mates. Sounds mean but they at least did their job!

I complained once about an older member of staff who I felt was bullying at least 2 children. I was asked to put it in writing and she was sacked! After that the girls were really good in the sessions!!! OH THE POWER MWA HA HA HA Only kidding she did deserve it.

I dont know really it just wasnt an issue for us the person moving to my room has wanted to move to pre school for a while and the other person says she thinks that working with the toddlers will be great and is looking forward to the challenge the third person said she is happy to go wherever we think she would be best suited she is just happy to be doing the work she does if anyone is struggling with the changes then its me because i wont be in a room any more x jojom x

:o I'm looking to shuffle staff soon in my 18mth to 3 room, due to staff relationship, and leadership problems that don't seem to be solvable by discussion. So very interested about this, never done big staffing shuffles before as there has been no need.

We have removed a senior staff members position in one room and introduced job sharing role, where all three main staff take a week each to lead the room. This has worked great, as each staff member can now use there different strengths, skills and ideas, rather that as with a before they would all wait for the senior staff member to do everything (as they were paid more, and didn't seem to have the confidence to push themselves forward.

Still worried about shuffling staff as our teams are very established.

Most of you seem to say the upset doesn't last long. But it could go horribly wrong!

Maria