Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Framework For Observing Teaching In The Fs

Hi I'm trying to find or put together an observation form for teaching and learning which will enable me to make judgement about our teaching with reference to the Ofsted grades. has anyone got such a document, or know where I can find one? I'm trying to complete our SEF and although I would love to develop one of our own with the staff I just haven't got the time at the moment, as I've just taken up the post of Headteacher of a mainatained nursery school and we are likely to be inspected before Easter! I would be very grateful for any suggestions. Thank you. Ann Simpkins :o

hope you dont mind me asking ann but where in the country are you. i am in somerset and my daughter went to a school called westfield that had a nursery attached. any chance you are in somerset .

:)

Edited by Guest

I know that there is a grading description somewhere in OFSTED literature in one of their handbooks and I have looked and looked but can't find it. It has descriptions of what you would expect to see for each grade. Would your LA advisor have a copy somewhere- they often do insepctions as well or are trained to observe using OFSTED standards. There are also the Hay McBer guidelines, but for the life of me I can't find those either. Hopefully my post may ring a bell for someone else on here for you.

Thanks to everyone for their help! I tried the LA but in their normal helpful manner said look at the Ofsted criteria for the judgements and discuss it with staff - draw up you own framework. xD Which would be fine if we had loads of time but we don't which is why I wanted one we could discuss and tweak to our way of working.

The article about completing the SEF, giving examples is a great help. So thank you to all of you who are being so helpful, if only the LA were the same life would be so much easier! :o

Ann

Oops, by the way I'm in Bedfordshire, sorry it's not Somerset!

Ann