Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cheeky Bugger

Rea

I have just checked my bank account and found someone has used my debit card to gamble, they've had £277 !!

Havent some people got a nerve ? And how on earth did I have that much in there????

On new years day the car was broken into and our coats were stolen, in November we had to have a new front door lock because someone had tried to break in and got something stuck in our keyhole and now this.

I know the bank will give me the money back, they did a few years ago when a cheque book was intercepted in the post just after I'd had my handbag stolen from my dinning room table!

Is the government serious when it says crime is going down? 'Cos I dont see that xD

Lets start a resource thread on 'what I'd do to the buggers' I've got some ideas... :o

A couple of years ago I found that someone was using my debit card number for small transactions in europe. i had no trouble getting it sorted out. the worst thing, for me, was the summer before last when someone kicked our front door down and took my beloved laptop!

Bring back the stocks I say. :o

Or at least a deterent that works. The softly, softly, give them trips and playstations hasnt worked so I think it's about time government stopped thinking politically and started to think more realistically.

In Florida we saw 'chain gangs' but with armed guards not actual chains, cleaning the verges and central reservations on the freeways. Real work, and they couldnt say they were cooped up all day with nothing to do. xD

I'm sorry to hear that Rea and those others who have been victims of theft - especially in your own home. I agree the punishments should be more effective.

Been to the bank. Their disputes dept. are aware of other people being taken by someone using the same gambling site, so money will be returned to me. :)

What baffles me is how they can do it. When I buy something online I have to key in the 3 digit no. on the back of my card, apparently this doesnt happen on that site. Silly people!

And I've just got in from Sainsburys to find I've been charged twice for the loo roll and the bath foam I thought was 'buy one get one free' wasnt !

Not having a good week. Sam is home from college with an almost broken collar bone after being tackled hard on Sunday, so how many times am I having to get things for him and help him out of the chair and plump his pillows? Poor lad, really very painful. And yesterday Richard had to fetched home from school at 11am feeling unwell.

I've been up since 5.30am thanks to the cats and then the agency rang about a job but with Sam needing his every whim catered for I had to turn it down and then the air went distinctley frosty.

Roll on old age when I can sit in an old folks home with my every whim catered for :o

I think they should make amends to their victims in some way, maybe along the way getting some kind of remorse, conscience and a route out of trouble.

Hope you're week gets better Rea. Reading your initial post, I thought hang on a minute didn't Rea have her car broken into on New Year's Eve. Maybe it was the topic titles that caught my eye! I'm sure I could come up with a few more in the same circumstances.

I also hope your week gets better Rea.

We've just had to deal with our young foster lad stealing from us. :o What makes it hard is that he is really a nice lad deep down). Found that money was missing this morning, he denied all knowledge, only other person in the house is my son who had left for work, we knew he hadn't had it but told F. lad that we would ask him if he had 'borrowed' it when he gets home from work. so as I dropped him off for his train I advised him that he should talk to hubby before hubby had to talk to our son.

F. lad then had a bad day at school, getting aggresive with the teachers, obviously had a lot on his mind.

Admitted to stealing when spoke to this evening, when asked why, he said he wanted to buy us a present !! Hubby said no thanks, not paid for with our stolen money. Hubby is a bit deflated, he has put a lot of faith in the lad. He didn't need the money, he has saved pocket money. He was certainly made to feel guilty and remorseful and that he has lost some of our trust but we will still support him in turning his behaviour around and getting back on 'positive' behaviour.

If it was my son the problem would be dealt with full stop, but because he is fostered the problem/issue is dealt with 3 fold, one by us, two by his permanant foster carer and three by his social worker, told he has 'done wrong' 3 times just harks on the negative, but I told him that is his life, he has to live that way ( not fair and difficult I know) but that is extra reason why he needs to 'do good' and reduce the negative label that his lack of life chances have helped him to gain up to now.

I hope his rest of the week is better too.

Peggy

Oh Peggy, what a shame for all of you. :o

Once that lable attaches itself it's very hard to shake it off, but kids cant see that, they know everything! We can only hope that these young people will want to change badly enough to turn their lives around and see the good examples around them.

Live in hope Peggy :D