Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just Having A Little Moan

Went out for dinner last night with an old friend. Partner stayed in with the kids, cooked them dinner, popcorn etc. So nice that he's so supportive but why can't men clean up afterwards!?Consumed a number of glasses of wine and am feeling delicate today.

Promised the kids yersterday that we would go to Windsor for a walk, feed ducks etc. Have done my duty and dragged myself out! Had a Starbucks which helped alot :) Just got back and the house is still in a mess from last night, really need to get on with it but can't bring myself to start xD partner has now fallen asleep on the sofa, love him to pieces but sometimes drives me mad :o

Sorry, couldn't resist, just enjoyed a lovely sunday roast dinner cooked by hubby, I'm feeling a little rough with my cold. Now do I go to bed for an hour or offer to do the washing up. I feel really guilty actually because I know I am going to go for a cat nap and get up just in time for 8pm TV.

It is sooo tiring being looked after. :o

Peggy

maybe I will wash up tomorrow ( I have done a few hours preschool work today )

Ooops! what has been done here over the weekend? xD

Hoovering everywhere

Cars washed

2 loads of washing

ironing mountain has vanished

meals cooked and washing up done

bed changed

tesco trolley push done

son collected from station

dog walked

kitchen floor washed

and I am ashamed to say none of it has been done by me :o - I am chained to the PC until my final assignment is done :(

What am I doing wrong? xD

In his defence though he does help around the house but I do have to nag him to do it! He will help with hoovering, cleaning the bathroom, emptying the bins.

He's also fantastic with the kids!!!!! :D

Oh and the other big thing he does for me is the weekly shopping :D he wonders round with his list listening to his ipod as he goes. He's happy to do it as the bill at the end is cheaper than when me and the kids go. Me havinf a bigger big is not done intentionally so that I don't have to go.... honest :o

My hubby took a week of work to spring clean the house, each week he thoroughly dusts the kids rooms, he does the weekly shop often with three kids in tow. He works nights but takes our youngest or nursery or collects him as some of my shifts means I can't always do this. Most nights he cooks dinner for himself, (he enjoys cooking but is also very picky eater and often doesn't want what me and the kids are having). I do love him to bits but unfortunately it's sometimes like having four kids not three, for example all the bedrooms are trashed tonight because of an extremely boisterous game of hide and seek in the dark, with night vision goggles.

Still I've been asked to work all day tomorrow so at least I know what he'll be doing! :oxD:(

Karrie

My hubby did the washing forgetting that he ws banned from it. We now have grey t-shirts, grey underwear and grey school shirts. He didnt think it would matter if he washed all the whites with a couple of black towels!!! After that he stood in a really messy kitchen, piles of washing up, dirty floor, washing needing to go onto the airer and asked if there was anything that needed doing. :o

And from the looks of the dirty glass I've just found behind the computer screen I'd say the kids are very eager to invent their own brand of penicillin xD

In my next life I'd like to come back as a man :(

Guest MaryEMac

When we got married 30 years ago we decided that if he wanted help in the garage or I wanted help in the house we would ask each other. If we didn't ask we didn't get. In the past I have spent hours helping him to bleed the brakes, when we had old bangers. If I ask him to hoover he will do the whole house,upstairs and down including the stairs. Every night we do the washing up together and this is the time that we talk about our day, moan about our workmates and generally put the world to rights. So if I am snowed under with jobs and he doesn't help then really it is my fault cos I didn't ask. Mind you I wouldn't trust him with the washing :o

Mary

Mary that is really good advise! Your right if I don't ask how does he know to help. Men don't see the dirt or mess like we do. I know if I asked he would help more.

I'll give it a go :)

Re. washing - I now have a nice washing basket with two sections - darks and whites (from Argos) and so my OH can no longer mix up the colours! Yippee!

The trouble with him is he simply doesn't NOTICE the washing bin is full, the bin needs emptying, dishwasher needs putting on etc....

Puzzles x

Nice one puzzles :(:(

As we went to bed last night after hubby had finished a hard days housekeeping he said to me

" I wish my wallet was like the wash basket" ........

I said "Why is that, because it is always full?"....

he replied, " No ( meaning he emptied it that day) because it fills up just as fast as I empty it" :o:)

Asked him if he would look after Grandson tomorrow ( if he's still poorly) , because our daughter works with me, he said, yes, but he will have to come out with me, it's my shopping day" ah bless.

( we tease him that he must have a lady friend at Sainsbury's because he goes there at least 3 times a week xD:( )

Peggy

Be careful there Peggy, I think your Grandson is statutory school age and you could get picked up on a truancy sweep.

Grandson got sent home from school Friday, poorly and sent him in today but sent home again after lunch. He's at the end of a cold and flags by mid day, grandad would only be taking him to get some medication. :o

or grandad will have to see his supermarket ladyfriend another day. xD

Thanks for the concern though.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)