Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Record Keeping

Guest jane heald

Guest jane heald

Hi I'm looking for any top tips or systems of recording obserbvations and records. I am new to foundation and have 24 Yr R children who entered school in January. Any ideas greatly received thanks Jay

Hello Jane, and welcome to the forum. :D Sorry but if I'm honest friday night, a few wines and winding down so no comments from me tonight, maybe over the weekend :o

Have you tried a search, or in the articles section there is a lot about observation and assessment methods.

I am also preschool, but I am sure some reception teachers will reply to your query soon.

You have certainly found the right forum for lots of friendly, useful advice.

Peggy

hi Jay and welcome.

I am in a very similar position as I have just taken in 21 January Reception children with another due in any time once a house move is completed!

I have used the file dividers which have been donated by Sarah and made files to put my observations in. It is working well for me at the moment as I do a lot of class recording regarding children's responses to an activity and play tracking. Post its can also be put in the relevant section. I am also keeping a note of observations that I add and cross referencing them if they could provide evidence for other areas. I find this easier than individual records although I have those for some areas too particularly reading.

You can find a previous discussion about this sort of thing here!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)