Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eprofile, Printer And Date Issues

Steve

Hi all -

As there have been a few posts regarding printer and/or empty date box problems, I thought I'd see if we could have a standard topic to refer to possible solutions. The procedure below isn't from me - I don't have any experience with the eprofile - so I can't help out further if you go through this and it doesn't sort out your problem. But hopefully it will sort out the majority of them - I'll pin it to the top of the eprofile forum so it should be obvious to anyone who drops by! :)

-------------------------------------------------

eProfile doesn't want to start if there is no printer assigned. As the user notes suggest, as long as a printer is specified, whether or not it exists in reality or is connected, eProfile will be happy.

When you open eProfile it looks for the current date from the operating system and takes the current year from it. If we are in the autumn term then the current year will be the next calendar year.

The date box is then filled with years from 2003 up to the date that next year's reception will finish the FS. This allows for two current cohorts of pupils.

If no date appears then either the system date is wrong or it is not being displayed as a UK format date. This is what the user should do:

1. Check the date by double-clicking on the time display at the far right of the desktop toolbar. If it is the wrong date correct it.

2. If the date goes wrong again when the machine is switched on again then the clock battery is probably dead and needs replacing. When the clock is wrong this also affects the dates on all your saved documents, spreadsheets, pictures, etc.

3. If the date looks right then you must check that it is in UK format. You should open Control Panel and open "Regional Options" (or "Regional Settings" - this item may look different in different versions of Windows). You need to ensure that your locale is "English (United Kingdom)". Under the "Date" tab across the top you should ensure that the Short Date Format shows as dd/MM/yyyy. Different regions of the world have different formats for dates (and different names for the days and months!). It is probable that a computer that has not been correctly set up for UK use will have defaulted to US.

• 7 months later...

Hi

I have been struggling to set this up for 2 weeks now! I wish I'd checked your post first!! Thanks very much for posting this, a simple change of time zone and i was up and running.

Bev

• 1 year later...
My pleasure Bev. Sorry I couldn't have brought it to your attention sooner!

Steve or someone who is up to speed wit the EYE Profile

I thought everything was going well - I managed to get all the data copied across including each child's UIP number - then I stated adding data - in Aut 1 I put the children's 'score' when they arrived and in Aut2 I put the 'score' they had achievd by Christmas - all with me - I needed this data to up date the SEF What I wanted was the initial data for the cohorts entry. The system would only give me figures for Aut2 - help is there a way I can get the first set of data without going through all 30 children and deleting the Aut2 data - I gave up at 11.00pm and went to bed and have resigned myself to spending yet another weekend redoing all the profiles before I start to Add the FEB data - unless you know better

Steve or someone who is up to speed wit the EYE Profile

I thought everything was going well - I managed to get all the data copied across including each child's UIP number - then I stated adding data - in Aut 1 I put the children's 'score' when they arrived and in Aut2 I put the 'score' they had achievd by Christmas - all with me - I needed this data to up date the SEF What I wanted was the initial data for the cohorts entry. The system would only give me figures for Aut2 - help is there a way I can get the first set of data without going through all 30 children and deleting the Aut2 data - I gave up at 11.00pm and went to bed and have resigned myself to spending yet another weekend redoing all the profiles before I start to Add the FEB data - unless you know better

In the charts you can select the point in time to see the growth so selecting Autum 1 08 would show you the totals to that point. Also in printouts. Not sure if that's what you want!! I'm just learning the system so interested to see this thread, I'll be in here a LOT!!!

Cx

• 1 year later...
Hi all -

As there have been a few posts regarding printer and/or empty date box problems, I thought I'd see if we could have a standard topic to refer to possible solutions. The procedure below isn't from me - I don't have any experience with the eprofile - so I can't help out further if you go through this and it doesn't sort out your problem. But hopefully it will sort out the majority of them - I'll pin it to the top of the eprofile forum so it should be obvious to anyone who drops by! :)

-------------------------------------------------

eProfile doesn't want to start if there is no printer assigned. As the user notes suggest, as long as a printer is specified, whether or not it exists in reality or is connected, eProfile will be happy.

When you open eProfile it looks for the current date from the operating system and takes the current year from it. If we are in the autumn term then the current year will be the next calendar year.

The date box is then filled with years from 2003 up to the date that next year's reception will finish the FS. This allows for two current cohorts of pupils.

If no date appears then either the system date is wrong or it is not being displayed as a UK format date. This is what the user should do:

1. Check the date by double-clicking on the time display at the far right of the desktop toolbar. If it is the wrong date correct it.

2. If the date goes wrong again when the machine is switched on again then the clock battery is probably dead and needs replacing. When the clock is wrong this also affects the dates on all your saved documents, spreadsheets, pictures, etc.

3. If the date looks right then you must check that it is in UK format. You should open Control Panel and open "Regional Options" (or "Regional Settings" - this item may look different in different versions of Windows). You need to ensure that your locale is "English (United Kingdom)". Under the "Date" tab across the top you should ensure that the Short Date Format shows as dd/MM/yyyy. Different regions of the world have different formats for dates (and different names for the days and months!). It is probable that a computer that has not been correctly set up for UK use will have defaulted to US.

Hi wondered if you could help? Is this something we should be doing as a class teacher or is it admin? Sorry for being so thick new to Reception and not been told anything about it!

Well in the strictest sense the input of the data is an admin task but in reality most teachers do this themselves as it is so much easier that putting the info on paper and then giving it to the admin team!

Edited by LornaW

• 2 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)