Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Plasticine

Does anyone know where I can buy decent plasticine? The stuff I've ordered from a certain well-known company (it's the name of a county!) is either rock hard and impossible for little fingers to manipulate or is the modelling dough which is fine the first time you use it but after that it goes dry and crumbly - not very economical for the number of times that I would like to use plasticine! Playdough's all well and good but it would mean making up loads of colours and it's a bit too floppy for serious modelling work. Thank you in advance.

I stand our plasticine on the heater before we intend to use it, this makes it more malleable (though may make it harder in the long run ... not sure!). I like to use it not only because it's better for modelling than dough, but it strengthens the childrens' muscles. The children aren't as keen, and will try to sneak it back into the cupboard and replace it with play dough :o

Harricroft

Must admit I don't use plasticine because it's not like it used to be.!

I do get large quantities of clay from a local pottery, only £6 a slab ( sorry not sure what weight, just know I can only carry one slab without getting a hernia :oxD ).

Only a choice of two colours though, terrecota or grey.

Good luck with your quest Moose.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)