Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gingerbread Man - Display!

Hi, I'm hoping to do some work on this story next week for my 2-3+ children. Has anyone any ideas aboy a suitable display which is the children's work. I would love siome sensory ideas also if possible . Thanks :o

why not use ginger powder for sticking pictures? You know what I mean, the same way you use glitter. We use curry powder and coconut for rangoli patterns at Diwali in the same way. The room smells great for weeks!

Liz x

Not so much display ideas but you could do,

Ginger smelling playdough

Ginger smelling slat dough (would that work???) and cut into gingerbread men with cutters, bake in oven then display.

finger painting (add ginger to paint) (children could smell it as they paint)

hmmmm, some simple animals that the ginger bread man encounters and use fur, tissue paper etc (different materials) to decorate them, children would enjoy feeling them.

That's about it, must add i have never tried ginger smelling paint, or ginger slat dough but it may work.

Dawn :D

Hi,

Have found a recipe for gingerbread men and tried it out. It's simple and very tasty!

110g block marg or butter

110g soft dark sugar

3 tbsp syrup (warmed first as it's easier to measure)

350g self-raising flour

1 tsp bicarbonate of soda

2 rounded tsp ground ginger

Melt marg, sugar and syrup slowly in a saucepan.

Put dry ingredients in a bowl.

Add melted mixture.

Stir and form a dough.

Roll out on a lightly floured surface.

Cut out gingerbread men. Re-form "bits" into a ball and roll again.

Place on greaseproof paper on a baking sheet.

Cook for 8-10 mins at 190 C.

Makes about 10 gingerbread men.

Allow to cool, decorate with currants for eyes, glace cherries pieces for mouth pieces, mini smarties for buttons. Use squeezy icing in a tube to "glue" bits on.

WARNING: DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR EARLY AS GINGERBREAD MEN ARE KNOWN TO ESCAPE!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)