Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I've Not Left The Country

xD Hi all - it seems ages since I last browsed this wonderful site . . Apart from being really busy, with all things pre school, sending my eldest off to Uni and ripping my bathroom apart, I have felt really fed up with one MINOR (ha ha) issue!!! . . .and guess what - you're just the people I can air it with (sorry)

For those of you who can remember as far back as the 2nd week in October last year, we had a completely unnanounced visit from the big O. - as a pre school who use a shared church hall premises and have to set out etc each session, we had the photographer in for most of the day, we also had a teddy bears picnic planned on the last day to which we had made a general open invitation to all families, plus contending with the old dearies attending the church over 60's luncheon club, sharing the kitchen, outer doors,toilets and entrance hall , it felt like we had an interrogation officer from the big O and so on, .........anyway - on a brighter note we did really well - infact 'outstandingly' well!!! in both care and education - and now the moan - STILL NO REPORT. arghhhhhhh! :(

We had a brief message left on our answerphone at the beginning of November last year saying there was a delay due to the O inspector off sick. By December we still hadn't heard anything, so we decided to drop them a line outlining our concern that we had not had any written notification of the delay etc. We later received a tel. message stating that the O inspector was still ill, and after asking them to put something in writing to us - they (very briefly) acknowledged our letter :o

The euphoria of the result has now passed and as a staff we are feeling annoyed at the way we have been treated by the big O. Surely if the Inspector had all the details on her laptop (which she read to us at the feedback after the Inspection) we could have a report? or even a letter from Ofsted for us to give to our parents explaining the situation . . . sometimes I begin to find myself wondering whether I dreamt the Inspection - but then the other staff had the same dream too.

Sorry not been on here for ages and I start back with a moan - but feel better now I've shared it.

Well done on your inspection myhenroxanne!! That's over with for a while now - and to get outstanding - excellent. Having to wait for the report is a real pain. As you have done so well, it's the kind of report you want everyone to read isn't it?

Ours is yet to come, this year somewhen.

Sue J

Hello myhenroxanne, welcome back and glad to hear from you again. :D

Wow, OUTSTANDING, Congratulations, especially on such a busy, eventful day. :D

How annoying for you, have Ofsted given any indication when you should expect your report? If so, this is the least you could ask for. Have you looked on their website, we have had some posts saying that their reports were published before the settings actually received them. :o

Peggy

First of all well done and I am not suprised you are upset by not receiving it. Always seems one rule for one and not the others. Its also a bit of a let down tht you cannot share this with your parents, perhaps you might like them to canvas them on your behalf to ask them to make a complaint to Ofsted that they do not know what the result of the Ofsted inspection was, may have to go on your records, but who cares at least it will be validated by an Outstanding and I am sure you are not supposed to let parents know the outcome until you have received the report, so they have every right to make a complaint to them.

Nikki