Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Spares For Nursery Bikes

We have a couple of bikes - bought from NES Arnold - that have missing wheels.

This is a great pity since the bikes are sturdy and usable in every other way.

As the wheels are slightly over sized compared to normal street bikes we have had no luck in finding new wheels and/or locking caps to fit them. Its actually the locvking caps that are missing ,but we dont mind having to buy new wheels if that ius the only way we can get the bikes up and running again.

We have tried asking NES but they say the bikes are made in Sweden so ( for some reason ) that means spares are not available at all.

Has anyone managed to find these anywhere ? I KNOW we arent the only nursery to have trouble with missing wheels.

Hi Unafitz -

Good to hear from you! :D

Can't help you with the wheels I'm afraid - hope someone else can. Bikes are of only limited use without them...

But while I've got you here, could you take a look at your email address (in your profile). Every now and again someone tries to PM you and it bounces back to me as user unknown or something. Unless of course you prefer to be elusive, and flit silently in and out of the community! :o

Oops sorry Steve ,didnt realise that I had put my old ( and unused ) email addy in.

Have changed it now to my regular one.

But then again I did like being a woman of mystery ....

If the bikes were Rabo make they come with a five year warranty so NES Arnolds should be able to help you, refer to page 1106 of their 2004 catalogue. As these bikes are still available they should be able to offer an after sale service.

Not much help on the wheel front... however one of our bikes can apart and the wheel feel off we couldn't get new fixings for it... so my headteacher took it to a garage and they managed to fix it for us so that it is now useable..

Might be worth seeing if there is a nice garage somewhere that might be able to make you a new wheel or fixings or even change all the wheels so your bikes are usable again.

Hope you can sort it out

Lorna

Unafitz

So sorry I can't help you with the wheels problem! I just had to say that a love your avatar. Calvin is one of the best cartoon characters ever!!!

Linda

Mimi - The bikes are older than 5 years Im afraid. We asked Nes for help and they refused.

Lorna-I hadnt thought about asking a garage .Just stuck on bike shops and the like . Ill ask around . I just cant believe that its so hard to get a small part that probably costs about 10p but which renders a £99 toy unusable.

Linda - I chose the avatar as Calvin reminds me of many of the children in our nursery just now :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)