Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Logs

Hi, I have been searching for small, safe wooden logs for small world activities for ages, not getting very far, perhaps if i lived in the country I might have more luck, but I don't, inner city london doesn't seem to have many obvious log sources!!!! I have tried calling tree surgeons, gardeners, garden centres, petrol stations, and am running out ideas, do you have logs for small world play eg 5 little speckled frogs, if so, anyone got any ideas about where to get them from?

Cheers

bb

Hi bb, I'm country and have free access to logs, and yes I do use logs for speckled frogs etc and woodwork ( nice and soft for hammer and nails activities), plus their shape enables them to sit firmly on a surface.

The only other place I can think of is London Zoo or the council gardens and parks department ( if there is such a thing :o )

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Failing the above, a trip to the countryside one weekend with a clear empty boot ready for filling xD

Peggy

Sorry, again country, as as we have a log burner for heat have a shed full!! Plus a tree in the garden a good source, eucalyptus so grows like wildfire and smells lovely too.

as lots of log fires around here we also can get them from our homebase and B&Q

We also get them from local jobbing gardener, these are smaller and the prunings from trees, we found ours from local paper ad,

good luck with the search

Inge

Have you tried your council? In Birmingham when the tree's are butchered, I mean pruned, they tend to shred at the side of the road but I've managed to get my boot loaded by some helpful workers in the past. Not sure which dept. you'd have to contact though. Or wait until tomorrows predicted gales have abated and have a walk round the park! :D

We've got some as stepping stones in our outdoor area, but they've become slippery due to algae growth. Does anyone have any ideas about how to overcome this? I'd be very grateful!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)