Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Easter Cards

Guest Beryl

Guest Beryl

Has anyone got any ideas for Easter cards? I have just been asked to come up with an idea for next week! :o (Panic, Panic!)

Any ideas will be gratefully received!

hi

In the past on our cards we have made 3d daffodils, college vases of flowers, faberge eggs, fluffy bunnies and chicks...

Dont know what to do this will let you know after my next staff meeting ....

We have done finger prints in yellow and then added beaks, eyes and legs in black pen. They look quite cute! We have also done them around a printed egg which the children then decorated.

Linda

We have done marbling with the children and then cut out different sized egg shapes with them. We put them on card ( thier choice of eggs) and give the children lots of different bits to decorate them with in any way they wish. We provide, coloured feathers, sequins, ribbons, coloured wool, collage bits which come in tubs and have different textures and colours, some of these are like broken egg-shells, sticky paper or metallic paper (leftovers cut smallish)- coloured cotton wool. Lots of talk, lots of imagination and learning in this activity.

How do you do your marbling Jacquie, do you use oil based paints or do you have another method.

We have made egg shapes covered with torn tissue stuck on with glue stick the layers make interesting colours. Add a ribbon bow.

Thanks to Mimi and Linda my Easter cards are now on the way. We did the egg shape with tissue paper. The idea was that the children tear off small pieces and stuck them on the egg until they couldn't see any of the white showing through. The smaller the pieces, the better the effect (I thought - though, of course, each child thought their own egg looked great). Some children crunched the tissue up to give a more 3D effect - these looked good too! Others just plastered on huge pieces of tissue!!

Tomorrow we are going to thumb print the chicks around. Thanks for the ideas - simple but effective :D

Harricroft

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)