Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Becoming A Member

Verona

Steve - or anyone -

I've been encouraging a member of staff to join FSF and she tried to have a look at the contents but couldn't get very far into it at all.

Can you just let me know how much she is able to see prior to becoming a member.

Even though I have told her how wonderful (and addictive) it is, she wants to see what its like before subscribing.

Sue J

Hi Sue -

As a visitor she can see most of the forum conversations (except the lounge/golden time area, which is invisible to her, and three or four other forums which change at random. This is intended to throw up the occasional page saying that they need to subscribe to see the full forum). She cannot, however, reply or post new topics.

They can also look at visitors' articles but not members' articles topic support articles, or the NVQ articles, or view uploaded itmes, or download things from the resource library.

We try to strike a line between allowing visitors to get a good impression of what we do without making it unnecessary to join. As was pointed out to me a while back, elsewhere someone made the comment that they didn't know why anyone actually paid - you could get more or less anything you wanted for free anyway. It didn't seem to have occurred to them that if no-one paid we wouldn't have any revenues and the FSF wouldn't be able to exist at all. :o

It sounds to me as though she may have registered but not subscribed if she can't see any forum posts Sue. If she logs back out again she should be able to view most of the forum area as well as visitors articles? Alternatively, if you ask her to register and send me her details, I'll give her a week's membership so she can have a full look around. :)