Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Healthy Eating Week

Hi there

My school is taking part in a healthy eating week next week

Any ideas of what you have done or seen done previously would be great

I know this topic sounds fairly obvious so looking for new and fresh different ideas!

I teach mixed rec year 1 and already have a year 1 dt scheme to look at but not much else!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

WHEN WE DID HEALTHY EATING WEEK, OUR FOUNDATION CHILDREN HAD A FRUIT JUICING DAY.

THE STAFF USED THE JUICER OBVIOUSLY, BUT THE CHILDREN CHOSE THEIR FAVOURITE FRUIT AND WE SET UP A JUICE SHOP. THIS ALSO LENT ITSELF TO NUMERACY SKILLS, SPEAKING AND LISTENING + LOTS MORE. WE THEN WENT ON TO PRODUCE A GRAPH SHOWING WHICH WAS THEIR FAVOURITE.

WE ARE FORTUNATE TO BE LOCAL TO SOME ALLOTMENTS AND WE MANAGED TO ARRANGE A VISIT TO THE SURE START ONE AND THEY PROVIDED LOTS OF EXCITING ACTIVITIES FOR THE CHILDREN.

APPLE PRESSING, APPLE TREE PLANTING, APPLE PRINTING THE CHILDREN HAD A WONDERFUL TIME EVEN THOUGH THE RAIN POURED AND POURED.

MAYBE DEVISE A HEALTHY RECIPE BOOKLET, ILLUSTRATED BY THE CHILDREN.

ENJOY

NIC

Sounds like you had a great week :D Love the juicing idea ... we're making fruit salad next week (part of Handa's Surprise planning), but I might be tempted to juice some fruit as well/instead of?? Just my juicer wastes so much I hardly ever use it :o

Thanks for the welcomes, much appreciated. I am sure i will be using the forum a lot in the next few months as i have just begun E123 and E124 OU courses. Ouch do i know what i am letting myself in for, i hope so :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)