Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Play

My outdoor area is basically the playground and it isn't secure so the children can only go outside if I can go with them. I would love to increase the amount of time we spend outdoors. Does anyone have any ideas. I have no classroom assistant for the majority of the day. I would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation. :)

Same here. Rosed.

I have a pre-school in a church hall. There is both grass and a large hard area really suitable for the children to access but we can't use outside because it's not secure. I am always looking for ideas - something that is easily put up and put away, it can't be stored outside incase of vandals, but haven't any room inside to store anymore equipment. I've been given lots of ideas, such as folding fences, farm gates, tables laying on their sides, ropes, builders barriers ~(the nearest but they would take up too much room), etc etc but nothing is suitable for the large width/area that needs to be cordoned off.

I'll still keep thinking and any other suggestions will be welcome.

Sue j

:o wish it was that easy Hali. Rest of the school need access to the playground so we can't simply fence it off. Ofsted were sympathetic in our inspection last term but which was a relief but my boys need to be out more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)