Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phew Friday Already !

What a busy half week

Tues started on end year annual accounts :o ( hate it, I'm too methodical and it takes me days to prepare for auditor)

p.m. Rang daughter to confirm pickup time for weds am, she forgot we went back on Weds, thought it was thurs , thank goodness I rang her.

wed Arrived for 1st day of term to find a family of travellers ( six caravans, lorries, cars etc) in the hall car park, blocking our entrance to preschool :( . Luckily we have another door we can use for entrance. Varied reaction from parents from total discrimination xD to light humoured jokes about lucky white heather ( although stereotypical comment not said in malice)

I contacted the councils enforcement officer who began his conversation with me in a quite aggresive defencive manner. I just said I wanted to know if there was a timescale for their move because I have adjusted entrance and did I need to permanently fix my entrance intercom or temp fix if they were moving soon. I also said that I wandered if the young children would benefit from time in the preschool. The officer knows the family well and appeared to be taken aback at my helpful / understanding attitude. Anyway, they will be gone by next friday.

One new boy settled very well. New Student placement started today so lots of inductions.

My Foster lad also came in to help with set-up/moving furniture ,as I am not officially meant to be back at work after my op until mid january. He stayed and spent the morning doing paint truck tracks with the children

Thurs Opened up preschool ( forgot how dark mornings are after all my lazy lie-ins) then off to London ( 3 hr return journey time) for a mid day 2 hour Foster meeting re: our young lad ( 14 yrs) a bit contentious shall I say :unsure: The meeting not the lad :ph34r:

Arrived home 6pm to receive a phone call saying emergency placement lad of 15 will be arriving within the hour :(:( . The reason for move was lad in some 'gang' trouble culminating in his current carers not wanting him back in their house ( they should give 28 days notice). :ph34r:

Our meeting earlier was about our current lad not mixing with peers who misbehave :ph34r:

All eventually settled in and bed by midnight. He arrived with 2 large black sacks of washing :wacko: :ph34r: ( still that's the last of our worries)

today Open preschool another new boy settled really well :D , supply cover in so I can attend foster meeting at my house, mid morning, with my link social worker, this lasted 3 hours xD very useful meeting, she has been a great link worker reads from the same hymn sheet :rolleyes: , told us today she is being replaced ( busy with a degree course) and we will not have her once our sibling group of 4 children are placed with us in march. :ph34r::ph34r:

Many phone calls re: lad who arrived last night with no paperwork/contact details of social worker, health details etc etc.

more phone calls we need to sort out and arrange 1st lad getting back into school next week, he will have to travel from us to London every other day, by train, we need to get tickets etc. 1 hr train journey each way for him 3 days a week. Still good to get him back into school ( the school are being very, very supportive of his educational needs in terms of keeping a place for him) :D

Back to preschool for close up and sort some of our stuff away because scouts complaining, re storage problems. ;)

The 2 lads have hit it off really well, went off 'down town' together, arrived home via a 1 hour bus journey , should have been ten minutes, they got on the wrong bus :ph34r::ph34r: but still arrived home in time for supper round the table ( a new experience to both lads )

Shattered, tried to get into chat room ( saw rea was in there on her own) to basically say what I have posted now, before I go and chill out with a film.

hey ho, accounts (still not finished) can be done tomorrow and sunday.

Well that was my last 3 days, a good induction for when our four children arrive, we will have at least 3 more foster meetings within the next two weeks just about the 2 lads, interesting, hard work, sense of achievement, not put off the fostering and after the long post realise I really need to start a blog.

Have a good weekend everyone, for those who went back half week this week, it's a full five days next week. ( like you don't already know)

Peggy

p.s to cap it all tried to post, post, too many emoticons!!!! ( need to delete some)must be a very expressive ramble!!!!

I've deleted five and still need to delete more!! They are hard to find in type format!!!!!!

deleted at least 4 more before I was enabled to complete post, now its posted i can see I went a bit overboard on emoticons!!!

Oh Peggy! Think you need another holiday!! Enjoy your weekend with your boys and brace yourself for those 5 working days next week (oh boy are they going to hurt!)

And I know exactly what you mean about going to and coming home from work in the dark, thank goodness we are early years and spend so much of the day out doors or it could get seriously depressing this lack of daylight!

Liz x

(managed NO emoticons!) he he

Peggy

I need a rest and I only read your post!

Don't start back with the children until Monday, went in today for clear up/planning etc. Felt really tired at 9.30, needed a coffee!

Found out have been successful in obtaining grant for nearly £3,000 for adaptations to the premises, at least the hard work before Christmas paid off.

Enjoy your evening off!!

Wow Peggy, like the others puts my week into perspective, I though I had a busy day Friday, but don't want to enlighten you all as it is nothing comparable to what you have had!!!

hang on in there, you are doing a fabulous job, look after yourself, it amazes me you have the strength to post a thread like that after actually doing it all - you are a strong person!

Edited by Guest

Gosh - the week surely must have flown by!?!

Thank-you for the reminder on next week being a 5 day week (!!), except that I start the EYPS validation route on Friday - am off out in a minute to excitedly buy myself a pencil-case (sad I know!).

Guest DeborahF

Gald I'm not the only one who gets excited about having to buy stationery!!!! All those note books, pens and pads of paper.............. :D:D:D

Sounds like an interesting if busy time for you Peggy,wore me out just thinking bout it, (currently off work with trapped nerve most I can do is walk slowly around house and sit down !! getting very irate now , undergoing treatment but all delayed as chiropractor has been really ill this last week so had 4 appointments cancelled, looks like more time off!! ) Can still use Pc though and doing all paperwork backlogged from last term.

enjoy w/e and hope all continues smoothly

Inge

My weeks a doddle copmpared to yours, am I grateful? :D

Was I really in chat, I tried to get in for ages to meet with Sue R but I never made it, we chatted on msn instead in the end. :D

your name came up on the forum index as being in chat, but all I got was a grey screen, might be me / my computor, but don't know so have PM'ed steve for advice about chat access. :D

Peggy

Peggy

I need a rest and I only read your post!

Don't start back with the children until Monday, went in today for clear up/planning etc. Felt really tired at 9.30, needed a coffee!

Found out have been successful in obtaining grant for nearly £3,000 for adaptations to the premises, at least the hard work before Christmas paid off.

Enjoy your evening off!!

GREAT NEWS Deb, Happy spending ( and totally jealous)

Peggy

Gosh - the week surely must have flown by!?!

Thank-you for the reminder on next week being a 5 day week (!!), except that I start the EYPS validation route on Friday - am off out in a minute to excitedly buy myself a pencil-case (sad I know!).

Good luck for the start of your EYPS route, bet you enjoy it :D and yes, I like you, strangely get a buzz out of buying stationary ( some people buy lots of shoes, I buy lots of stationary) I think we are just a tad mad, but not sad :oxD:(

Peggy