Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Initiated Topics ?

Hi there i have just taken over a preschool 20 children and we are covering weather has anyone any ideas to pass on. I am also looking for greeting songs, washing hands songs ,and goodbye songs any ideas. We take children from 2years upwards :)cazzatacon@yahoo.co.uk

Guest DeborahF

I've got a daily "weather song" if that's any good - sung to the tune of Hickory Dickory Dock:

What is the weather today?

What is the weather today?

It's .........today, it's .........today (i.e. sunny, rainy, windy, frosty, etc.)

That is the weather today.

Be warned, it's a catchy little number and you might find yourself singing it out loud at weekends in adult company- I know from personal experience!!

Our weather song is same as Deborah F's except we sing what is the weather today? what will the weather girl/boy say?... and the children take turns to be the weather person (choose weather picture & put on board).

preschool education (as mentioned by Marion) also has great range of songs for transitions of every type.

Hi Cazandshaz and welcome from me too :D

Good wishes for your new job / role and hope you continue to enjoy receiving and sharing ideas in the future.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)