Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childminder Accreditation

Does anyone know how you gain accreditation as a childminder, in order to access the EEF?

No, sorry i don't.

Is this a new career path your thinking of entering?

How was your xmas Shelley

Dawn

contact your early years dept for advice, in our area they do the same accreditation as everyone else, and have group meetings of childminders to discuss issues during the process as they do not have the staff support settings have, or are supposed to have

Good luck

inge

Edited by Inge

I think you need to contact your local Chilminding network, it is the network that is accreditated rather than individual childminders. Then members of the network are able to receive EEF.

(I think) :oxD

Peggy

Hi, to be an accredited childminder your best option is to contact your local National Childminding Association and ask for the Network Development Officer, they have all the information and support you'd need. Sorry about the post not really very good at this! :o

in our area the individual childminders are accredited!

Inge

:) Hi Inge,

My name Dawn, I’m from Worcestershire area and we have to be part of a network to be

Which area do you come from?

Guest Rackib

:)

Hi Everyone,

Yes, in Essex you do have to be a member of a Network to be Accredited to be able to offer the Funded Early Years Education. You can do this by calling the National Childminding Association.

• 1 year later...

Have you tried the Open University they run an Early Years Foundation Degree course in which I know some registered childminders are developing their academic career?

Hi yes you do need to become part of the network to become accredited,its a lenghly process lol here is the NCMA number give them a call weather you are a member or not they will help you

0845 880 0044

www.ncma.org.uk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)