Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Goals For 2007

beth1

Ok I know its only Thursday 28 December 2006 but I have been thinking about my goals for 2007.

These are:

1) To complete my first year FDey course with 80 Credits, then carry on to year 2. :D

2) To find a suitable job in childcare with the correct amount of hours etc, it's behind you!!! where ah over there!!! xD (sorry just couldn't resist!)

3) To loose weight and take up more exericse in time for the holiday in July and beond! :( Now which slimming club shall I go to? :( I think I need to visit the gym more often. :(

4) To Visit Kefolaina(sp) in Greece after a 12 year absence and 4 years away from Greece itself. :o

Now all I need to do is fit this all in e.g. studing, working and playing and resting, well you know what they say! All work makes Jack no fun to be with, well this is what I got taught growing up.

Beth

Great thread Beth, and great goals :D

My goals for 2007:

To begin training to be a counsellor. ~ i enrol on the first course on the 8th January 2007. The second course commences september.

To stamp my mark on the nursery once and for all, and to get my senior team in check (wish me luck LOL)

To loose weight (i swear i write that as a goal every year LOL) :o

To find my Mr right (does he exist??????) LOL... i shall have fun looking

and last but not least To really enjoy everything 2007 throws at me!!! (and hopefully it will be an ofsted free year as they came in october) hee hee :D

Dawn

My goals are to.............

1/ appreciatte my husband a bit more, he does absolutely everything in the house ( to a better standard than I ever could or are inclined to). I shall show my appreciation by doing the washing up a bit more often and by spending less time on work stuff at home.

2/ do my very best to help all of the 4 foster children to feel safe, secure and develop their self esteem, self identity and feel valued as part of and intrinsic to our family whilst helping them to maintain their own family heritage.

3/ GET BACK ON MY TRAMPOLINE as much as possible since my successful ( I hope) operation- find out in january if the op worked or not.

Last but not least -

TO LOG ONTO THE FORUM EVERY DAY - I say this because the withdrawal symtoms I suffered, during my 2 day absence after my op were too painful to describe :(:oxD:(:(

Peggy

It doesnt really matter what I intend, no doubt in a few weeks it would all be forgotten anyway.

This time last year Peggy invited us to view what we had written as new year resolutions for 2005, I failed then, so dont intend to make any this year. All this stuff about 'if at first you dont suceed try try again' is only for people who have a memory. I forget to try.

Whatever everyone aims for, I send heartfelt wishes that you suceed and reach your goals with room to spare.

HAVE A GREAT 2007 :D

Mine are:

1. To have a go at wall-climbing (this was my goal for 2006, and as yet I have done nothing about it other than send off for a brochure!);

2. To find a new job, and re-kindle the 'old' me - one who is happy, and laughs and sings a lot!;

3. To learn to dance - REALLY want to do this but feel a bit silly about taking the first step.

Ok so here's mine:

1. Continue to devote myself to my children and my husband, love and cherish them and always go the extra mile for them.

2. Enjoy my FDey studies, organise my time a bit better in order to do so!

3. Not to let people get me down and affect my mental health - (sorry a bit personal now!), to prioritise and realise I can't help everyone, they are too ungrateful, and they pay no interest in anything that isn't to do with them!!! (particularly my sister - who has upset me big time this year) - sorry about that one bit just typing it was a bit therapeutic.

4. Do more on the horses, book an event at least once a month - just for me (have never done stuff just for me, always been a bit obsessed about the children and letting go, oldest 16 years in 2007, twins 13 years, one 10 year old and one to be six on New Years Day about time I had a bit of me time)

5. Try and keep a bit fitter, 2006 is the first year ever I haven't regularly excercised, (only children, horses, dogs!) I feel sluggish and have put on a stone in weight, number 4 should help with the exercise bit.

6. Keep taking the St Johns Wort and having my one to one, just me and me personal therapy-counselling sessions to avoid getting low, (you probably all think I am bonkers now :o )Realising I have nothing to be low about is easier said than done, so this is the hardest one, (a mixed up background haunts me periodically!!).

7. Start back to work with a positive, fresh mind - if it is still rubbish look for something else!!

Well that's it, if nothing else it was nice to have the opportunity to write it all down and I will refer to it, thanks for that.

Edited by Guest

very good advice from my doctor when I suffered depression was to stop saying "I must....." or "I will......." she said all these terms do are put pressure on myself and can evoke a sense of failure.

I often slip up, :o but if I do say phrases like the above, I re word them to say "I might, when I can..." or even "I won't do such and such....".

In other words I learnt to say "No", to stop taking on everything and everyone as my responsibility ( including sorting my sisters choice of lifestyle out :( ), I learnt to stop being so hard on myself and value that I am ok even if I don't do anything. :D

I also learnt that I was getting too involved ( even be it only in thought) in others problems ( family, preschool children, their families, political injustices etc etc), in other words things I could not easily change or even had a right to, because I was actually avoiding my own problems because of a lack of self worth :(

Having a loving husband has helped me to feel better, and I have even become a bit selfish ( which doesn't hurt if done in moderation xD:) )

Happy New Year Shirel :D

Peggy

Very good advice from your doctor Peggy. I havent suffered from depression but still find it a damn nuisance when people ask me if I've done something. Two years ago I told people I was going to learn Italian and the guitar, neither of which I've done. I dont have a sense of failure but I do feel irritated with myself and I can feel a building need to do something, anything, so others will think I'm not just full of hot air. I have reasons for not doing these things but they are 'what if' type reasons so dont count.

Shirel, I'm of the opinion that there are some people who, no matter what we do will always say we didnt do enough, that people who genuinly love us will continue to do so no matter what and that the basis for us being able to show our love for others depends on us being able to love ourselves. Look after you and the rest will follow. :)

Hers to 2007 :D

Thats a great goal Marion.

we all make goals for the coming year and they dont really count for anything without happeness do they.

I guess my goal is to carry on loving what i do, i have a family that i love dearly, a beautiful daughter, the love and support of my closest friends and a great job. xjojom x

very fast jive style developed in the forties and BIG on the dance scene! Am still not very good but can do a passable lindy turn and some pretty neat charleston kicks now. Ihave been dancing every week or thereabouts since last jan so kept that resolution, bought a lovely and expensive sideboard (still paying for that) and a table, still decisding what the 2007 focus is - a decent bloke?? That could be just a bit too difficult.

Cx :)

well done Catma, :D glad you replied to the query, I didn't have a clue :o:D

and yes there is a decent bloke out there for you, and only going by my own and my step daughters experiences, he will turn up when you are .......

1/ not looking for him, and

2/ when you least expect it....

here's hoping for you xD

Peggy

Same resolutions as always. loose weight and stop smoking - although not at the same time - I do want to keep sane. :(

Have made these for the last 10 years so at least I am consistent! My mate is taking me to weight watchers in Jan (will be my 5th attempt1 xD ) and I bought the Paul McKenna stop smoking book today- well it's worth a try, nothing ventured nothing gained! Hubbie thinks it's hilarious. Well he has seen it for nearly 16 years!

Oh and I must keep on top of my filing this year I nearly suffocated under the pile when it avalanched last year!! :o

Liz x

3) To loose weight and take up more exericse in time for the holiday in July and beond! xD Now which slimming club shall I go to? :o I think I need to visit the gym more often. :(

I was thinking about this goal, I still haven't decided which slimming club to go to. It's a toss up between 2, both I have been to before. The problem is that they both offer student WI rates, one is a free membership upon voucer and the other you have half price membership. And the full rate is different at each club ie 45p different, dad wants to join too. :(

I have got one of the slimming clubs current mags that just come out and they talk about charity fittness challenge events. I knew some people from last years event who did the race for life, some who ended up walking all the way round others ran or jogged around. This could be good idea as the other part of the goal for getting fitter, along side loosing weight.

Maybe I should just decided on what to do first loosing weight/increase fitness levels and how I go on, the race for life is not registering until the begining of Feb 07 anyway.

Beth

Same resolutions as always. loose weight and stop smoking - although not at the same time - I do want to keep sane. :rolleyes:

Have made these for the last 10 years so at least I am consistent! My mate is taking me to weight watchers in Jan (will be my 5th attempt1 xD ) and I bought the Paul McKenna stop smoking book today- well it's worth a try, nothing ventured nothing gained! Hubbie thinks it's hilarious. Well he has seen it for nearly 16 years!

Oh and I must keep on top of my filing this year I nearly suffocated under the pile when it avalanched last year!! :o

Liz x

Liz that sounds conistent to me. I have too been to Weight Watchers at least 3 times since 1994 :(, I have also been to Slimming World once. I had the same problem with each system I stayed the same after a while and lost interest, on the WW points I was constantly hungry after a while.

I think it may be time for Weight Watchers again!!!! :wacko: :( Maybe it may be 4 times lucky. I have done the scales and mesuring back in 1994 then went to points system twice, now I am thinking of joining to do the core plan which is very simliar to Slimming Worlds system execpt you can eat what you want off the list every day, 3 meals per day and fruit for snacks. xD

This time I am thinking of doing a scrapbook of photos, weight ins, fitness levels etc each month as a motivatior to remind me how I used to look and how I look to date. Ahh maybe this is were we are going wrong and loosing track of our goals in life! :(

Good Luck with your weight loss and smoking goals Liz.

Beth

Well, my goals for the coming year are...

1. Take control of my life - by that I mean learning to juggle work, uni, home and family without spending all my time on one thing and not really spending any time on the REALLY important things.

2. Attempt to lose weight and go back to the gym (I was doing really well), babysitters and other committments allowing of course.

3. To keep positive about all the little things that tend to get me down, such as rude deputy managers and colleagues who refuse to do as they are asked. I have decided that these people are not important enough in my life to wear me down to a miserable, quivering wreck and I am not going to let them turn me into that person.

I hope everyone has lots of luck with their goals for the coming year. Hopefully I'll be around next year to be able to compare and see how it all went!

Have a lovely new year everybody xxx

Ah thanks Beth - good luck to you too! I lost 5 stone with WW once then got fed up paying that much each week - big mistake as it all went on again. Strange how I can be a responsible leader at work yet have no control over what I shove in my gob!

Fingers crossed for both of us!

Liz x

I would recommend Weight Watchers "No Count". It's their alternative 'diet'. (Now called the Core Plan I think). You don't have to count points or weigh food.

I followed it 2 years ago and lost 3 and a half stone. I have managed to keep it right off (maybe a few extra pounds over Christmas, but I know how to regulate it now). It's based more on healthy eating and has really changed the way I cook. You are not allowed anything processed (except tinned or packet soups). You eat from a massive list of foods in the handbook and eat as much as you can until you feel full. You snack on fruit and veg only between meals. You do have a few points per week for treats, but I found that I didn't need - it put me in the right mind-set.

The only downside is that you have to cook everything from scratch, although sometimes time-consuming, I've really enjoyed it. Lots of stir-fries, curries, casseroles, soups, etc.

I feel so much better for it. As well as the weight loss, I feel healthier. The main benefit is that it has changed my whole way of cooking and eating, so I am much more likely to keep the weight off. This has definitely worked for me. I chose to give up bread, and I think this was the key for me. If I have bread now, I feel bloated and uncomfortable.

Details and recipes on the WW website.

Jackie

:):o

Thanks for the info Jackie A. That sounds right up our street in my house were forever cooking from scratch we make things like tuna pasta, chilli and rice, chicken curry and rice, roast dinners, we sometimes have a meat and potato pie but mainly hotpots as their more healthier.

If I did do this plan I just need to work out what I can have for lunch at school and at college as I could not have bread on this plan without pointing it. I must say 21 points for the week is not a lot, compared to SW 70 points per week. I still could have my weekly cream egg and carmel egg! :( :wacko:

AGGGHHH I jumped on the scale this morning and I have put on at least 1/2 stone on. :o:( Opps that will teach me for eating nearly all the after 8 mints catering pack in the house! xDxD

Note to self :don't get a catering pack of after 8 mints next year! :( Or get a chocolate Christmas Cake just for the sake of it.

Liz I need to loose 5+ stones this time around, I too got fed up of paying just to be weighted each week so the same happened to me just kept putting the weight back on. :rolleyes: So its good luck to us both.

Beth

Beth, for lunch at work, I've got really inventive at making up little boxes of salad. I buy different leafed lettuces, chopped up, then add tomato, cucumber, celery, onion, sweetcorn, kidney beans, rice, pasta, cous cous, mixed beans, grated carrot, left-over new potatoes, etc (obviously not all at once!). For protein I add in some tinned tuna, cooked chicken, sliced ham, tinned sardines or boiled egg. I top it all with Weightwatchers Caesar dressing which is zero points and delicious.

I chop bits and pieces up and keep them in pots in the fridge, so it doesn't take me long to make up my salad box, and I really look forward to it every day.

Other times, I take Ryvita or crispbreads with marmite or very low fat soft cheese, or tinned soup or cup-a-soups.

Most tinned soups are on the list of foods, so you just pick your favourite. If you have access to a microwave at work, you can take in some of the night before's leftovers.

I don't miss bread itself, but I do miss the convenience of making a quick sandwich.

My goals for 2007

1. To take more time for myself..... (easier said than done being one of those people who is always on the go.)

2. Find a new teaching job.

Happy New yera to you all and good luck with your goals

Lorna

Beth, for lunch at work, I've got really inventive at making up little boxes of salad. I buy different leafed lettuces, chopped up, then add tomato, cucumber, celery, onion, sweetcorn, kidney beans, rice, pasta, cous cous, mixed beans, grated carrot, left-over new potatoes, etc (obviously not all at once!). For protein I add in some tinned tuna, cooked chicken, sliced ham, tinned sardines or boiled egg. I top it all with Weightwatchers Caesar dressing which is zero points and delicious.

I chop bits and pieces up and keep them in pots in the fridge, so it doesn't take me long to make up my salad box, and I really look forward to it every day.

Other times, I take Ryvita or crispbreads with marmite or very low fat soft cheese, or tinned soup or cup-a-soups.

Most tinned soups are on the list of foods, so you just pick your favourite. If you have access to a microwave at work, you can take in some of the night before's leftovers.

I don't miss bread itself, but I do miss the convenience of making a quick sandwich.

Did you know that core plan is changing? So now you cannot have certain types of food. I am not a big fan of salads unless its tuna pasta with tuna, pasta and sometimes sweetcorn. Hence the borning old sannies brigagde! :o

I have spent sometime on the website to find out more about the core plan. All very interesting umm I am now starting to think that WW may be the way to go. I wonder if they do exercise goals as well? xD SW as them to increase your exersise level.

Beth

Beth I think that ww will be the one, at least 7+ to be lost!! There will be 3 of us on it in the staff room including my mate who also is my boss, perhaps it should be part of my performance management targets this year!! :o Would be an incentive! Fingers crossed.

Making the most of my time before I go though, just have the last layer to finish of a huge box of Hotel Chocolat choccies my hubbie bought me for christmas! :D

Liz x

Oh my I have just looked on a website sorry cannot rember name. It is a vitual model of how look at your height and weight. :D AGGGGGHHHHHH I look terriable no wonder I can't get a job in childcare, I look very fat and not very presentable! :o I look as if I need work in an office not working with children. :(xD

Right thats it time to attempt to lose the weight one and for all. It has been a great insite on how I look, to me I don't feel very fat but to someone else e.g. propspective employers, would think that I am fat and unable to work with young children. :(:(

Beth