Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Highlights

beth1

On Christmas Day morning my mum and I were chasing a mouse around the house, even before we were dressed in our best clothes!! :wacko: Good job as well we would have had to change them again. We managed to find the mouse in the dinning room. So we thought we had got it under the radiatior, so I goes and get an hammer to hammer it to death. xD Mum gets old of the hammer and bashes the 'mouse' under the radiatior only to find it was one of my black socks!!! :(:(:( The rest of chrismas was a bore, not much went on in the last couple of days, only visit grans and have mum's brothers around yesterday.

Beth

P.S. I forgot to tell you about the background to the mouse, we have had a mouse or 3 in the house for the last couple of weeks. It has been eating us out of food, had fruit, medicine and biscuts. We have laid a couple of trapps but hadn't worked, even with the chocolate bars on it, they don't like cheese anymore. On Sunday we found out that a mouse had eaten the rest of the chocolate bar, an orange and 2 apples whilst we were at midnight mass (well 8.30 pm). Now we need to find a man to get rid of them all! :o

i would of moved out beth :o I am terrified of mice!And im a farmers wife!!!

Incidently try raw bacon as they tug it off the trap ...........

I also think we are going to be attacked by all the animal lovers out there! :D

My higlight has to be when we found the twin lambs on early christmas morning - even after 27years as a farmers wife it was just magical being our first christmas lambs :D

mine was being presented with two tickets for hubby and I to go to a convention for our favourite band ((and Sue R's too!!) at Center Parcs in Holland in February.Our lovely children have arranged everything, from the tickets, to flights, shuttle to and from the convention, car to take us to heathrow AND cover for me at the preschool while I'm away.It has cost them a fortune and it's very humbling to think that they have probably gone without some of their own christmas treats to afford this for us.We'll have to do this complete justice and really enjoy it!!

Edited by narnia

Highlight was finding out hubby's biopsy was clear. :D

Low point...I think I've lost my best friend. Over a man, which is worse. Hopefully she knows me well enough to know I'll always be here for her, but at the moment she's wrapped up with an idiot and a bully. :o

Rea, great news about hubby, now you can really celebrate New Year. :D Fingers crossed your friend will recognise her worth soon and realise a bully is not for her. It will be hard for you to watch from the sidelines, but like you say, as you are always going to be there for her ( unconditionally, as friends are) then, with your support, it will be easier for her when she does decide to finish the relationship.

My high point has been lots of lie-ins, with no alarm clock going off at dark o clock in the mornings. xD Plus lots of me time, yesterday I started a book at 10 am which I read until it was finished at 3 pm, "The Beautiful Child" by Torey Hayden. :)

My low point was not having the four foster children with us for christmas.

However, the lad who is with us has enjoyed himself, how do I know? because he spends all day singing, very loud off key rap songs. :o:(:(

Peggy

Great news Rea :D what a good start for the next year.

I'm sure your friend knows deep down that you will be her friend no matter what and hopefully things will work out for her.

My hi-lights are just being able to 'slob' around.......getting up when I want and not worrying about the huge list of things to do!

I am actually enjoying my Christmas reading for my course which arrived in the post and somehow fits in perfectly with what we identified as issues at school :D

Great news Rea xxxx

My highlight has to be watching my daughter have so much fun with two little £1 radio's that granny brought her on christmas eve, she played with them all of christmas day. It has been so nice just to spend some time at home with my daughter as its normally so busy with work and school.

My low point has to be that my niece and nephew couldnt be here with us over the christmas period we havent seen them for 6 months and miss them dearly.

I can empathise with your low point Andreamay-got on the scales this morning and jumped quickly back off when they started to groan! :oxD

My high point was to find a Christmas card today lying on the door mat from a friend in America who I have not heard from in nearly two years. She had been going through some very bad times and decided it was easier to cut herself off from her old friends and start a new life than explain what was happening to those who knew her. I had written to her but she had moved and so obviously did not receive my letters. She has now realised that old friends are very important and has asked to be forgiven and could we take up the friendship again. I am just so glad she has got in touch and I know she is OK. Needless to say the email is on its way to her telling her she doesn't need forgiving and that the friendship was always there. I had actually thought about trying to find her but didn't know how to go about it. Still now, hopefully, we won't lose touch again.

Linda

PS Great news Rea-you must be very relieved.

my low point has to be all the weight I have surely put on and will need to get off in the new year !! :(

Me too I am fed up with all the rich food, its making me sick to the stomach well more like indigestion constantly. Must start to loose weight after christmas even if I have spent most of 06 putting it on! xD Not totally my fault, I blame my genes really giving me a tooth absease and no one who want to give me a job, :( it's just making me want to comfort eat. :(:o

Beth

Well my high point is having my 2 grandchildren here over Christmas and also their maternal Grandfather as he couldn't go to where he was going for Xmas because of the fog.

The downside is that my parents should have come as well but couldn't because my Dad has pneumonia, and then my Mum was rushed to hospital Christmas day night with a terrible cough and unable to breathe. She has pneumonia now as well, and isn't allowed any food or drink as they are waiting to put a camera in her throat to see why she is having trouble breathing. The hospital is on a skeleton staff because of the hoilday! She is on a drip.

So I am looking after all at home, taking turns with my brother to stay overnight with my Father and visit my mother, and trying to spend some time withm my Grandchildren before they return to the IOM!and I have still put on weight!!!

I have been lucky enough to of had lovely family time and loved it, I appreciate it so much and feel so much sympathy for those of you that have had illness to cope with in your families.

MY low point: I, like you Rea, think I have lost my sister, to a man who seems hell bent on leading her down the path to self destruction, not that she needs much encouragement, but this year has seen her distance herself from us all, and no sign of her at Christmas just the odd text - it's very sad. :o

Edited by Guest

Guest tinkerbell

Hi all.

My Hi point was Christmas day having my two sons around for the morning and dinner (the eldest 23finds christmas really hard and has spent the last 6 years sleeping ALL christmas day to avoid it!!)with husband and his mum and dad.

Low point Husbands brother is dying in Australia and they have daily chats about ashes and rose bushes,eulogies etc they do have a laugh ,but it is a bit weird...

Happy new year to you all!

I started a course in September Marion and I really like meeting up with like minded people but its been hard putting words down 5.000/6.000, I've sent my draft off and am waiting to hear from my tutor....then its back to the typing.

Tinkerbellx