Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Good Luck Peggy!

Thanks everyone for your best wishes.

I am already enjoying the 'parental' role of contacting schools etc, it's been such a long time since my own children were at school that I am looking forward to meeting the headteacher at our local Primary on Monday, and seeing all the changes I have only, as yet, read about on this forum.

I'll keep you posted.

Peggy

A final update and then I shall continue my Fostering news in a blog, as it's not wholly an FS subject.

Hade meeting with Primary school on Monday, acting head (until Sept) was great, the 4 yr old girl starts september and 2 boys 8 & 10 yrs start after half term. :(

Went to London today for LAC review followed by an arrangment meeting. ( 10:30 - 15:30 with a 20 min break between meetings - yawn smiley) plus 2 hour journey each way.

Chair of review asked us for our FULL address in front of childrens mum, then asked is it confidential :unsure: :o

( she apologised to us afterwards and thankfully mum knowing our address shouldn;'t cause too many problems)

All children are doing well at school although we have now found out through reading reports that the 3 boys are all SEN on Action Plus.

the 8 yr old is on P scales,(will need a statement) the 10 year old is about 3 yrs behind and the 12 yr old is about 4 yrs behind.

We have got a school place for the 4, 8 & 10 yr old, having problems for the 12 yr old but their LA education people are excellent and this should be sorted out soon.

We start visits on 12th May, because they are so far away we will stay in hotel on Friday nights, visit them saturdays, stay in hotel sat night, visit them on sunday, this will be for 2 weekends, the 19th they will visit our house. Then two other weeknight teatime visits from us to them. Then they move in with us on Friday 27th May :(:( :wacko:

Goodness knows when I will get time to do my degree work, I shall have to take my laptop up to London every weekend xDxD

Further updates will be in my blog ( when I start it)

My mind doesn't seem to want to switch off, hence the unearthly hour of this post :rolleyes: , best get off to bed now though, got a preschool to run tomorrow. ;)

Peggy

What a busy few days you've had Peggy. It's all coming together now, and must be really exciting for you both. I am certain that the children will thrive and flourish from your care.

Good luck with all the visits soon - look forward to reading your BLOG.

All the best from me too, can't wait to keep updated with your blogs....if you find the time to write them! And if you do where do you get your energy from?