Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sterilising Toys, Etc

I am keen to find out how when/where and how often you sterilise your children's toys, rattles, etc. How is it all managed?

What equipment do you use to sterilise your toys in?

Hi, we have a cleaning rota in each room listing the various resources, for example, dolls, dolls clothes, duplo etc, down one side, then columns where the date and initials are written in as we clean.

We use the sterilising tablets that you use in a babies steriliser. I usually fill up the box they are in with water and tablet and sterilise them that way. I then take them out, dry them and use the sterilised water to wipe over resources that can't be emersed in water like soft bodied dolls etc.

Hope that helps! :o

Hi, we have a cleaning rota in each room listing the various resources, for example, dolls, dolls clothes, duplo etc, down one side, then columns where the date and initials are written in as we clean.

We use the sterilising tablets that you use in a babies steriliser. I usually fill up the box they are in with water and tablet and sterilise them that way. I then take them out, dry them and use the sterilised water to wipe over resources that can't be emersed in water like soft bodied dolls etc.

Hope that helps! xD

OOPS! don't know how i managed to post twice :D

Hi, I have found a spray called "Bugs away" which we use for lots of things now......its mild enough that you don't have to rinse it either, so we spray all the things we can when the children have gone home.....and you don't have to dry the them off.Job done....and it is effective agains things like MRSA too.........

Shelley, we generally spary and wipe with an anti bacterial spray (but i think i will review that, and maybe use diluted milton in a spray bottle). we also use our sinks and fill them with milton (diluted) and put toys like duplo, mobilo etc in....

but most toys can be cleaned sufficiently enough by spraying and wiping.

someone told me (don't know how true it is) that you can wash duplo, stickle bricks etc in washing machine (in a pillow case)... has anyone tried that?

Dawn

toys that can be submerged into the solution are places in a bowl such as rattles or duplo and things like that. wooden toys are sprayed and dried with blue roll

We often used to put stikkle bricks, duplo, etc into the washing machine. Its better if you put everything into a pillow case though. :D

Can I ask what age groups you're steralising for? I personnaly think too much stuff is steralised and children have more bugs as a result. I know we have to be sensible but.... :o

Guest DeborahF

I've used the dishwasher for Sticklebricks, Duplo, Interstars, Lego, anything robust and plastic really - they come out really clean. I've got a couple of those little mesh bags you can buy to put socks etc. in a washing machine, and put all the little pieces in one of those.

Guest sandcastles

We have a cleaning rota with all our main resources listed on it. we work our way through the list. we used to use milton to steralise them but have since changed to steralizing tablets (just as good as milton but much cheaper!). we keep the toys in there boxes and add the cleaning solution and then rinse in the shower and leave to dry. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)