Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Animal Children In Need

Guest jean

Had the stupid idea to suggest to foundation children that they come to school dressed on an animal theme on Friday. It's Children in need and we've been doing lots of things about animals this week. Unfortunately, the staff said we'd dress up as well. Any suggestions for me that is quick and cheap that i can put together by Friday AM. :o

HELP !!!!!

Guest tinkerbell

I went to animal book week as a slug.dead easy black bin liner as skirt,and another as tunic,head band with pipecleaner anntenae and a long piece of that irridescent paper or cling film to be your slimy trail.

Have fun Tinkerbellx

You could easily get your face painted as a cat or lion, etc, and then simply wear coloured clothes to match, with a tail attached, and ears of some description??

HI

I think a cat sounds good, nice and easy too....

Im going as a ladybird to ours, found some lady bird wings and spotty tights, can't wait :o

A forum inhabitant is someone that has posted a lot, i think ( i think im a forum inhabitant LOL). Not sure about the blog thing though LOL

Dawn

We get new titles depending on how many posts we have made- a sort of long-service badge

( :o sorry Steve.). A blog is a bit like an online diary. The chat room is where you can talk to someone live, who is also a member - like Messenger. I expect one of the Moderators or Steve will explain this better than me.

How about being a spider?

Wear black trousers and a long sleeved black top.

Find two pairs of black tights and stuff them with newspaper or tights.

Paint your face black

Attach the two pairs of tights to your back (one pair either side)

Then get some elastic and put it around your wrist, leave a gap, then attach to first tight leg, leave a gap and then the second tight leg, leave a gap and then attach to your leg. Repeat on the other side (is this making sense)

You then have 8 legs (2 arms, 2 legs and 4 tight legs) that move together

For those that are visual and the above makes little or no sense (which it doesn't!) please see attachment for a demonstration of my artistic skills!

SPIDER.doc

Just come back on. Thank you runningbunny. I like the sound of the spider. might have a go at that. I have bought the hairband and pipe cleaners just in case though. :D

Thats everyone for your help. got to cook the tea now!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought i'd let you know i took up runningbunny's idea of the spider.It was great thanks.I did have a little problem with the stuffed tights to begin with as they kept stretching, but i tied them up with a belt and it was very successful. Thanks for all the suggestions. We had a great day and the kids looked really good. The best one i saw was the child dressed as a snail. He had one of those large gift bags on his back with his arms through the handles and a shell out of cardboard stuck on it. A very inventive mother!!!!!!!! Thanks again for all the suggestions. I know where to come next time. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)