Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Year Party Ideas Please!

Totally non-school related but hopefully will get some great ideas from you all!

:o Planning a fancy dress New Years Eve Party and am tryng to think of good themes.

Would love it if you could post your favourite party theme based on one you have been to and really enjoyed - hoping to end up with a list that will leave me spoilt for choice!

PS (Guests ages will range from 25 to 50ish!!!!)

Thanks

A friend of mine went to an 'initial' party - you chose the initial letter of your first name and dressed up as something starting with that letter - so you could be as whacky or conservative as you liked - from all accounts it was quite entertaining and a good ice breaker too!

My friends often do themed parties at New Year. We have done a couple of the murder mystery games - pasta and pistols was an Italian ganster themed one and the other was skiing related.

For the millenium, we did a Bond theme (all addicts I'm afraid)

This year is yet to be decided, but 'Carry On New Year' has been proposed with lots of options for dressing up - although I am not being bullied into doing any Barbara Windsor outfits!!

We did a cowboy and indian themed 30th for me and my best friend earlier this year. which was great fun too...

There are some ideas and resources here which I have used in the past - have fun and let us know what you decide to do!

sounds good fun Jo....can i come :D

Last fancy dress my friend went to was 'Saints and Sinners' shes a bit of a (you know what) any way! :oxD

Hope you have a great time anyway, will have to post some pictures

Jo

Hi JoB,

Many moons ago my friend held a "bad taste party" for her 18th. A whole host of charity shop nasty clothes and really bad wigs. It was a total scream, we still laugh at the photo's now. Have fun whatever you do!!!

Edited by Guest

Hi,

Love dressing up myself it means you don't have to worry about fashion. We went to a great Vampire

ball on Sat- me in an ebay £9 wedding dress (didn't wear white at my own wedding) and ofcourse some blood. Burlesque is very "in" at the moment and very sexy, Moulin Rouge is great if you have watched the film. But the funniest ever was a moustache party- very simple but quite itchy!

Enjoy! Lucyd :oxD

what about superheros :o

I love the initial letter idea myhen...

:D:(:D very good and observant too :wacko:

Peggy

I went to a birthday fancy dress party once as marilyn Munroe, only to find that the birthday girl was dressed in the same outfit. xD Worse still she changed into jeans and top within half an hour of me arriving. :(:( .

There wasn't a theme and about a hundred people were there all dressed up, great night just seeing all the different characters from St Trinians to my favourite a couple of mates who dressed up as the 118 telephone advert runners, hilarious. xD

Peggy

Now there's an idea, TV advert characters. Now who or what would I be, If I could make the costume I'd be one of those cute flames for the british gas advert. aaah.

I went to a rubiks cube party one year, you needed to dress up in each colour of the rubiks cube, if I remember it was one green and one yellow sock, red jeans, white shirt, an orange scarf and a blueb belt all courtesy of the local charity shop, by the end of the evening you had to complete the cube and be in one colour by swapping items of clothing!!!

Sharon

For the millennium we did characters from history (I was Maid Marion..........of course!) but Henry the Eighth was there along with Queen Victoria who was amused :D

At school we often have fancy dress days

For world book day I was princess fiona from shrek and for halloween I was a lady vampire ........need to look out the photos my daughter and friends went to the rocky horror show last night some wonderful costumes!

Guest Praesus Infelix

The best fun I ever had was dressing up as Queen Amidala for my son's Star Wars themed 5th birthday party. He was Luke Skywalker, his sister was Princess Leia (Sadly *not* the gold bikini outfit, couldn't get one to fit a 2 year old) and my husband was Darth Vader. Those of you sad enough to know your star wars trivia will appreciate that! :o

The best fun my husband had was dressing up for a "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" party, which was particularly fun because it was full of guys from work. Apparently, if you have the legs for it, you can get a showgirl outfit from ebay for about £30 and then sell it on for the same price after. The were also lot of outifts recycled from a previous "Dallas" party, held by the wives the previous year! xD

• 1 month later...

Just to let you all know what we decided on....

We are having a ROUND THE WORLD party - Guests have to come dressed appropriately and bring buffet food and drinks to represent their country (makes life much easier for us as hosts!!!)

:o Incentive to RSVP quickly to bag the best countries!!!!!