Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hello

Hi everyone. i'm new to this so i hope i'm doing it right. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas on planning for 3-5 year old children. I'v been thrown in at the deep end and made supervisor of a nursery please help!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Welcome from me too, there is loads on planning on the forum, wait, some clever members will be along shortly to direct you through links, they're pretty good here, you won't want to leave ever!!

What planning does the nursery do now? ( if it's not brand new :o )

Start with what you have got and work with the team to gradually review, adapt, develop, one step at a time.

Hopefully the links have given you something to start with if there is no planning in place, get back to us if there are any particular aspects that you are not sure of, but keep in mind, planning is very individual to each setting, depending on staff and children.

Good luck, I'm sure you will be swimming ( and not feel too much like sinking) very soon.

Christmas is a great time to plan for, lots of inspirational ideas as the topic is very well known to everyone. Observe the children and plan for them, not any text book or format or advise and you won't go too far wrong.

Peggy

• 3 weeks later...

hello all i am quite new to the supervisors role and have found having a good team of staff helps alot they take off the pressure and dont try to do it all yourself you will feel snowed under, hope this helps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)