Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Urgent Help

is the curriculum guidance for the foundation stage now regarded as a policy. I am doing the early childhood studies degree and need to choose a policy. one lecturer said it is the other said is not very confused! would be grateful for any guidance

I think its a policy, its statatory, thus has to be done... thus i think it makes it a policy.... but don't take my word for it LOL.....

good luck with this

Dawn

thank you. anyone else have any thoughts. i really hope it is a policy as i have already started a plan for the assignment and would have to start from stratch if it is not!!!

Guest DeborahF

I'm afraid I agree with Sue! I've seen Teaching and Learning policies, which include principles from both the Foundation Stage guidance and the BTTM Framework, but I wouldn't regard the Foundation Stage guidance itself as a policy.

It is Government Policy that you should follow the FS Curriculum which is statutory, therefore that is Policy. Policy is a plan of action. In terms of a setting you set out a policy which states what your plan of action re the FS is.

I don't think it is policy it is as it tells us guidance. But then again guidance is guidance, but we have to follow it hmm.. confused!! If it was policy would it not be called so? :o

The FS curriuclum is most definately Policy.

This is what a policy is - the definition of a policy:

A plan or course of action, as of a government, political party, or business, intended to influence and determine decisions, actions, and other matters:

A course of action, guiding principle, or procedure considered expedient, prudent, or advantageous:

The FS Curriculum Guidance is Policy as it has to be followed as is laid down by the Government- it is statutory which means the Law. I think that because we write lots of policies about how to do this or that people get confused about what a policy is because we break things down into PSE Policy, toileting policy, Child Protection Policy etc. but the FS is the over-riding Policy for what we do. The rest are just breakdowns of what we do to meet the requirements, to show that we understand, and to quide others to be consistant.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)