Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

O My What A Week.....

beth1

Well as you gathered from Monday I had an for a job. Today I have had another job interview, baby room leader, it went better than yesturday but they are wanting someone who can work the full week, without time off for college, etc. xD Then another nursery rang up and now I have another job interview for tommorow, could be another senior postion? :( :wacko:

Now I will not have time to go to placement, aagggghhh how I am going to do my assiginments? One of them needs to be handed in before chirstmas. I am thinking of ringing up the day nurseries in the area to see if I can do a 2 day placement as I am qucikly running out of work/placement hours for college. Now if only I could work out what to say to them? :(xD :rolleyes:

Oh college are going to be funny with me, :o oh well I tell them I have been very busy with lots of job interviews. :(

Beth

Since August 2006 I have had 21 interviews, and I am getting very tired of answering very simliar questions every time. :o :rolleyes: I feel that I am on a merry go round, thus not being able to sell myself eoungh to pospective employers. :(xD:(xD I am answering questions on stenghts and weakness, what I can bring into the nursery, health and saftey, child behavour and agressive parents. :( Now my mind goes blank when theses questions come up as I have been saying the samething over and over again. The problem is that I have forgotten what i need to say to them to answer my question. ;) I also think that because I need a day off for college that they are turning me down. Also some managers do not know what the Foundation Degree is all about. :unsure: :wacko:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to approach local day nurseries with a request to a 2 day placement? Like how to explain that I need a placement for 2 day becacuse I am studing for a FDey. What my requirements are, e.g. assingments etc. Thanks in advance.

Beth

Edited by beth1

Does anyone have any ideas on how to approach local day nurseries with a request to a 2 day placement? Like how to explain that I need a placement for 2 day becacuse I am studing for a FDey. What my requirements are, e.g. assingments etc. Thanks in advance.

Beth

I do wish you luck. I have just taken somebody on at my pre-school doing the foundation degree she only works 2 days a week at pre-school, 2 days at college, if i'm short staffed she does work the extra day. The other days i have taken on another member of staff who only wanted part time. More like a job share really. The system seems to be working fine at the moment.

Good luck with it, hope you find somewhere soon

Well went for another job interview or should I say visit with a few questions. :o I was in and out in about 10 mins, a person who came in before me stayed for about 10 mins also. :(

Went to see my learning mentor, good news another placement sorted out. She thinks that I am probley a treat to the nursery mangers that I have been interviewed in the last few weeks. :(xD Also we have looked at a nursery mangers job spec and I have found out a few areas to develop like, retention and recuitment, bugeting, leadership role, and co-ordinting development of services to parents. Oh and displinary/grievance prodedures. Does anyone know how to develop these skills e.g. management training courses. Thanks in advance.

Beth