Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Preschool Childrens Holiday Allowance

Can I ask what is the holiday allowance if any, you allow your preschoolers to have

I dont allow any time off for preschool children without payment in term time but one of my Mums is complaining every other preschool allows the children to be off at least 2 weeks with out payment Is she right?

Most of the children we have are now funded so it doesnt apply , but for those who do we they have to pay for all sessions booked, no holiday breaks, they do not have to go away in term time they choose to.

When parents paid for all and it is still in our policies that they had to pay for all sessions booked even if they took holidays, etc, we still had to provide staff, facilities etc for those children even if they are not there.

One group i worked in had a policy of 1 week full payment then rest at half only if they gave 12 weeks notice in writing.

Inge

Our policy states all sessions must be paid for regardless of sickness or holiday. Never heard of any allowing unpaid time for holidays.

Al

Same applies with my preschool, no refunds or allowances for time off for holidays or sickness. I am term time only. I do know of one preschool who would suggest to the parent that if the place could be filled by another child having extra sessions then this would be ok but the parents had to arrange it themselves, including payment for the 'borrowed' sessions.

It seemed to work in the Summer term for some parents. :D

Peggy

Thank you everyone for replies

I now know I am right. But when someone tells you you are not You doubt yourself. :o I will re-tell her ,NO, tomorrow no free hols in term time :D

it's a difficult one this, isn't it.....we open all year round and also don't offer a "no fees during your holidays" period, as we're a small group and still have staff to pay etc.We did have a couple of parents query this, but when we explained our reasons, they were ok about it.One actually said, "oh well, i guess i still have my mortgage to pay and my other bills, so it's fair enough".We're not in it to rip people off, and are flexible about changing sessions around, extra hours at very short notice etc (sometimes it costs us more to have the children than we make from it!)so I think they realise we're just trying to keep going, while being fair at the same time.We DO have a couple of families who take the whole summer off, but they give us formal notice of that so they don't have to pay a retainer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)