Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Colourful Celebrations

this is the title of my topic for next term. has anyone got any suggestions for what I can break it down so we have a mini topic each week relating to the main one, I want to do diwali for a week, christmas will span a couple and fireworks another. anyone got anymore suggestions.

also has anyone got any suggestions for what the role play corner can be in the first part of the term. want to change it to santas grotto in the last half.

jo

Birthdays are a colourful celebration and with christmas coming up which is about a birthday you could lea form general birthdays into waiting for a specail child and go into Christmas. What a lovely topic title.

sorry about the typos one hand moves faster than the other and i keep getting reversals.

Could the role play be a party shop- the children make cards/paper/gifts/boxes, etc to sell? Decorate with streamers/balloons?

Or maybe a house set for a celebration -where they need to make party food and set table- choose cloths/counting crockery etc? My class have really enjoyed the original home crner for the whole of the last half term and have got lots out of it.

Hi we are doing the same topic next half term

our weeks themes are broken down as follows

wk 1 Bonfire night and fireworks

wk 2 Birthdays

wk 3 Light, Candles and St. Lucia's day

wk 4 Weddings

wk 5 Christmas (secular)

wk 6 Christmas (religious)

wk 7 Party time

some role play ideas - a birthday party, Santa's Workshop, or a hair and beauty salon?

Unfortunately I think you'll have missed Diwali, but Eid (end of Ramadan) and Hannukah also happen before the end of term. Both have celebratory similarities and differences which can be explored to work towards the cultures and beliefs aspects of PSE and KUW.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)