Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E Profile

Hi everyone,

I am a little bit confused. At the moment I am using e profile version 2.4.2. Should I be using version 2.4.3. Please help!

I think your LA should be able to tell you which version you should be using. We are using the newer one which I belive is 2.4.3 and you can input nursery data (aggghh) which our LA is now asking us to do.

Hi Sue, trouble is thers alwasys a new version I think. The last new version came out in June (2.4.3), I dont think there was much differnt about it other than some tekky stuf to do with the transfer at the edn of the year. I think the next 'new' verson isnt out yet, my LA told us 'soon' ?

We wee told we can safely use 2.4.2 or 2.4.3. You really need to go with what your LA tells you as they are the ones that provide (or should) technical support.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

If you cannot successfully import data using a CTF file then you should upgrade to version 2.4.3. You can download it from http://schoolsportal.suffolkcc.gov.uk/schools/FSP/index.htm (but your own LEA might have policies on this or make software available via a different route) - however, I have come across issues with using a CTF file to import data from SIMS (in particular) and CMIS management systems.

In addition the CTF doesn't export all of the data you might require within eProfile (such as class group, for example). It is possible to generate reports that will export all of the required data from your management system ready for import into eProfile.

Regards

John R

There is a new version of eProfile (2.4.4) due soon.

I will flag this up for everyone when it becomes available publicly.

Regards

John

Hello John,

I am in Birmingham and was told that there are problems with schools who are on the CMIs system. Our eprofile is on a stand alone laptop and we have version 2.4.2. Our existing reception children are on as they were with us last year as nursery. I am ready to put the nursery childrens data on now and have downloaded the report file and have it on a memory stick ready to go. Shall I put the new children on with this version or upgrade first?

Does it matter if we carry on with this one until the 2.4.4 is ready? Is this the one that has the 2 years of assessment to take children from Nursery to end of foundation?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I think you are the one I need to talk to,

Sue

We enter there data as a separate cohort - they will end their foundation year in 2008. (Haven't checked if the date thing allows this yet though!) But you can enter their on entry details and there is space to enter their results in the summer term next year too. The new version will allow for 6 half terms entry of data. (I think?)

Sue

OK....... this is going to be rather a long reply, but hopefully it will be clear enough and, as I understand the situation, should apply to everyone using the eProfile software! If not, email me off list.

It doesn't matter whether you are using version 2.4.2 or 2.4.3 at the moment - you can start to enter data. There will be an upgrade soon (2.4.4) which fixes one or two things but the data you input now will still be valid under the new version.

Current Reception year pupils MUST have their data entered into the 2007 cohort.

If you are going to enter data for current Nursery pupils this MUST be entered in the 2008 cohort, but you will only have Entry, SumA07 and SumB07 available as valid assessment timescales for this academic year. Remember that the eProfile software does not allow you to view pupil data across cohorts so it is important that initial pupil data is entered into the correct cohort.

For Birmingham schools there will be a series of seminars (as there have been during the last two years) during the early part of the Summer Term to go through the essential points regarding collection and return of Foundation Stage data. I hope other LEAs offer similar opportunities for schools to get together and discuss important issues regarding data return for the FS. If not, and you would like to explore setting up such a session in your area, please email me off list.

One of the key problems with using eProfile is the transfer of pupil data between software packages. My view is that you should only have to input data once and then be able to view it wherever and whenever you like. Most schools have Managament Information Software (MIS), the two most widely used being SIMS and CMIS. Whilst it is possible (and currently necessary) to export data from the MIS into eProfile, I have been working with the CMIS software company to integrate eProfile functionality into their software. This is now almost complete and will be available next year - I had hoped that it would have been in use by now but there have been one or two issues that have taken longer to resolve than I had hoped.

The new functionality within CMIS software will mean that it will be possible to do (almost) everything currently available within eProfile as well as being able to enter data at the start of the Nursery year and track pupil progress across years and Key Stages, something not currently available within eProfile. There is also the opportunity for schools to request other functionality and/or reports not currently available with eProfile software - again, email me off list or start a new thread for your eProfile wishlist.

The situation with SIMS Assessment Manager is that whilst it is possible to record whether or not a pupil has achieved a particular point on the 9 point scale for each area of learning it is not currently possible to record which half term that was achieved.

Sorry to have gone on but I have tried to explain the current situation as I understand it as succinctly as possible. If you have any questions please either start a new thread (as this is getting rather long now) or email me off list.

Regards to all

John R

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)