Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Making Fruit Kebabs

I am hoping to make fruit kebabs in my playgroup. What is it best to thread them on? Are the wooden kebab type skewers safe if I remove the points? Otherwise I could I use plastic drinking straws and make the holes in the fruit myself, just allowing the children to do the threading. Any advice please? Children are aged rising 3 to 4 1/2 years.

we use the wooden ones risk asssed but also find wooden cocktail sticks can be more mnagable to small hands the long ones were harder to thread, we just made 2 mini kebabs and sequenced the fruit.

Inge

We used the wooden ones, giving the children the choice of long or short. (maths). we did not remove the points and no one got hurt.

One time we included things like marshmallows and fudge into the kebabs and then let the children chocolate coat them. - it was great fun but rather messy

Crafter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)