Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recycling Topic

Guest Really

Guest Really

Next half term we will be looking at Recycling in Reception. I would love someone to come and talk to the children about why we recycle and how. Any suggestions of who I could contact? I have just sent an email to the local council, can you think of anyone else?

Thanks.

Guest Really

We will also be looking at people who help us. I will ask the local community police and I know there are lots of types of people but does anyone have any suggestions? Which profession have you found really good at talking to the children?

Thanks again!

We will also be looking at people who help us. I will ask the local community police and I know there are lots of types of people but does anyone have any suggestions? Which profession have you found really good at talking to the children?

Thanks again!

We had the community policeman in on Friday he was excellent as always :D

The schoolnurse is very good too.

post-4544-1160342099_thumb.jpg

HI , we had the recycling team vist the group, contacted them through our local council hope you get a good result as we did. Our Quality award peoples really liked this idea.

Guest DeborahF

Our local milkman came in when we did People who Help Us and he was absolutely fab! He brought in all sort of milk products for the children to try and talk about and let them all explore his milk float. It would also fit in well with your recycling theme - recycling the bottles?

We also invited the local practice nurse to come in and had a hilarious bandaging session which the children thoroughly enjoyed! They talked about it for days!

people who help us - st john ambulance = children bandaged from head to toe and easier to get than ambulance we have tried and hey are so few in our area even with a parent paramedic on them we did not manage it!!RNLI if you live in area with one also coast guard all have visited and adapt to age group.

recycling does you area have one of these recycle consortuim or freecycleyou could become involved in.

Inge

We had a recycling robot in the other week - it did a rap along with its operator about reduce, reuse and recycle. Think she came from the midlands somewhere. Reception sat through it happily enough although her audience was mostly ks2 and we made some photoframes out of old carrier bags as a followup.

I could try and find out contact details tomorrow?

M

Did recycling one year and had a recycling depot role play area. Lots of fruit box tray things with pictures on and a big box of junk modelling stuff. the children were able to recycle the rubbish into plastic, paper, metal, wood etc really well by the end of the topic and enjoyed wearing hard hats and yellow waistcoats.

Liz x

Waste watch ( they have a web site) do a good program and they have a multi-talented rapping robot called 'cycler' - our kids loved it - ok , so did the grown-ups, it was great! i don't think that the robot is very easy to book, needs to be in the area and needs a weeks worth of schools, their website tells you how to get it going though - good luck with the topic, what a great idea!

Kellsa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)