Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Have Passed!

Yeah i didn't realise it was going to be more sociology based. And do you hve to put a debate discussion up on a website? It is really hard as the ideas that i thought off are also trhe ones that my collergues in college are doing.Has anyone got a tread or a topical idea that i could use to thrash about and debate over? Please :oxD

Well done Louise and keep me informed with regards to your honours. I am just started my third year of FDin EY's, wish I was you.

Well done again. :o

:)

Congratulations !

Gosh I have just started the Early Years FD and I can't see a light at the end.

Would appreicate any advice

Kaz

Hi Kaz, welcome to the forum from me too, you've certainly found the right forum for lots of support, listening or even as a place to wind down in. :D and I am sure many people on the forum will just love to hear how you get along with your EYFD. Good luck and any specific advice required, just ask.

Peggy

:D:D I just want to let you know, that i have passed my foundation degree and that i am to be graduated in October(wow!! i never thought i would get to wear a gown and mortar board!!!).

I am now embarking on my Honours, which i have found so different. It has more to do with the social context of education , has anyone else found that?]

Congratulations - you must be thrilled to have finished!! All that hard work was finally worth it. I'm currently starting my second year so I can only dream about being in your position right now. Enjoy your moment, you've earned it - Teresa

Thanks Tessa, however it all seems a blur now that i am trying to do the honours. Can anyone help me to decipher this question please-

Evaluate the success of sociologists in explaining class- based inequalities in educational attainment?

I take it to mean why do private suceed more than state... i that correct?

Much appreciated if anyone can enlighten me?

• 3 months later...
Thanks Tessa, however it all seems a blur now that i am trying to do the honours. Can anyone help me to decipher this question please-

Evaluate the success of sociologists in explaining class- based inequalities in educational attainment?

I take it to mean why do private suceed more than state... i that correct?

Much appreciated if anyone can enlighten me?

I'd say that is part of it but would also look at parents expectations / parental support /parents own education etc

somewhere in the deep dark recesses of my mind I remember some research about places to study ie in are there quiet places in the home for children basically it said children from higher income familes were more likely to do well because they had private space to do homework /study

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)