Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Have Passed!

:D:D I just want to let you know, that i have passed my foundation degree and that i am to be graduated in October(wow!! i never thought i would get to wear a gown and mortar board!!!).

I am now embarking on my Honours, which i have found so different. It has more to do with the social context of education , has anyone else found that?]

Fantastic news, well done! ~ enjoy your graduation day will be one of the best days of your life :D ~ i know mine was :o

Good luck with your honours degree.

I did a honours degree in childhood studies, which i suspect is different to the one that you are doing, but it was fab at broadining my knowledge and making me think outside of the bos

once again

well done

Dawn

congratulations Lousie :D:D

....and to think i've only just started mine :( still i know where to come for help :oxD

well done again

Jo

Well done, I have my graduation for my hons degree in a few weeks too. Just need to do something with my hair ( how to accommodate the Mortar board) and practice my smile as I know my Mum is going to do Kodak proud!

Enjoy your day too

S

xD Thank you so much for your kind replies. And yes i will be on hand to help anyone if they need it. i feel extremely proud of myself because i hadn't been to college since 222 years prior and i really didn't think i could do this academic malarcky! :o

Having said that though i really did enjoy the course and i really enjoyed putting the project together.

As i have said before i am finding the third year difficult as it is not really centered on childcare, but on the sociological side of education- so yes it will definately broaden my political knowledge(i have none )!

I am just concerned that this degree is not recognised in the school that i work in and that my status and pay will remain the same. After the amount of work i put in i feel a bit cheated-how says anyone else in the same position?

Thanks for your support,

Louise

i feel extremely proud of myself because i hadn't been to college since 222 years prior and i really didn't think i could do this academic malarcky! :o

xD Double well done to you then Louise - 222 years since college! :D:(:(

I am just concerned that this degree is not recognised in the school that i work in and that my status and pay will remain the same. After the amount of work i put in i feel a bit cheated-how says anyone else in the same position?

Thanks for your support,

Louise

My NNEB feels the same alot of effort and in general schools do not recognise and reward the work and study :o (she wasnt even considered for HLTA status)

Last week she decided to enrol for the BA in Early Years :D so we are both busy filling in her application.

Edited by Marion

Congratulations Sharon. I completed the Foundation Degree and I have just started the Hons degree.

How did you find it? How did it compare to the work on the FD?

Feel as though I may be a little out of my depth!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)