Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Committee Roles

I attended a committee meeting with our new committee today they have asked me if I can get any paper worker explaining the different roles of a preschool charity ram committee. EG the role of the chair, treasures, secartary, and other members I can remember getting some paper work with this on when I did my DPP a few years ago and passed it on to the committee but they say there is not anything within any of the folders they have received. If anyone one had such information or know where I can get it will you please forward it on.

Many Thanks

Rosemarie

Hi - a new committee who want to know all this? You are on to a winner - particularly after I read the article in either Nursery World or Practical Pre-school this week about how people no longer want to join voluntary group committees because of the responsibility and liability attached!

Keep them keen! The PLA have some excellent info for committees and did also run training in our area although now our LEA Early Years Team have taken over a lot of what was previously PLA's job. It might be different in your area but definitely worth ringing PLA in first instance.

PLA web site has some downladable info which may be relevant and help, in different languages too!!

PLA resources

they used to have books on this but cannot find it on thier web site, and local training may be available.

As LJW said you may have a local contact for PLA but ours will only exist until March after that the EYDP will be going to supply this support in house.

Inge

Hi

I have posted on here before for committee roles, someone did attach the roles of each member of the committee, i printed it off and its in the file at work. i also bought the book they recommended from the PSLA. So it is on here somewhere, i'm just not sure where, if no one posts i'll see if i can get the ones from work and attach them, good luck at least your committee seem keen

Thanks LJW and Inge I have down loaded the Volunteer for your Pre-school Committee.

Hali if you get one of you packs it would be very welcome

Simcity I had a serch for your posting but unable to find it.

It may sound good the new committee asking for this but we had 10 parents say they will join the committee on friday at the AGM but only 6 turned up to fill in the DC2 forms today.

Many Thans for your help :o

Rosemarie

Thanks for the replies. Gave all information to committee. They wanted it as they are not happy with what one of the playschool assistance had said and done so they wanted to know more about their roles. Its being sorted when the supervisor/line manager returns from holiday in November.

Roemarie

Know where you're coming from Rosemarie, managed to scrape up 6 committee members at the AGM last week, 3 of whom are staying on from the last even though their children have moved on to scbool. They still use our service (Lunch Club) but it's hardly ideal.

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)