Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Oh No . . . . . . . The Big 'o'

:o Well - what a way to start the weekend - we had 'the call' today at school & the lovely team of visitors will be with us next week!!!! Am a bit concerned & would be grateful for some advice from those who have been inspected around this time of year PLEASE!!!

I am currently teaching in the Nursery of a large Primary school - we ahve staggered our intake - meaning that the last group only started on Thursday ( & we still have some of those who started before them crying!!!!!) What will they be looking for when they come into nursery???????? Perhaps i could count the number of tissues i take out of the box as i try to console the chdn who are finding it difficult to settle !!! xD:(:(

Hi Fluff

We were last O..ed in the second week of Septemeber whilst we were still settling, mopping up tears, and doing home visits. They came on a home visist with us at my request, and were mainkly interested in our induction process, which they were impresssed with. We had no formal planning and no timetable, but we wrote a 'rationalle' about what we would be doing in those early days (how we dealt with parents, encoyraged children to have a go at different things, how we dealt with cryers etc etc.

I am gong back a few years though and maybe things ahev changed but to be honest Id rather have it now than say July. Thy may not even spend tme with you, in fact have they said what their focus is going to be?

Good lcuk with it, do let us know how it goes wont you..

Im having a day off when its my turn, Ive booked it already

Just want to say good luck Im sure it will be fine. Last inspection was in January but previous one was first week in October and they looked more at meeting the childrens needs and what we had in place to support the new intake I think now with transition being such a big thing it will be even more of a priority

Good luck Fluffy. I can empathise with your situation of children still settling, I had parents taking it in turns to leave the other day. They keep mentioning the O word at school because we have a new head and quite a few new staff, myself as an NQT included. Let us know how you get on.

Elfy

x

Good Luck.

We have Ofsted on Monday.... they are looking at the skills the children have on entry to school and if they are what are expected of 4 year olds.... well thats what it says in the briefing doc we were given..... among other things.

Good luck to both of you!

I'm going to move this to another area though as its not really Foundation Stage profiles---hope thats ok and I will try observation, assessment and planning as that seems to be vaguely relevant!?

Hope all goes well for both of you. I am interested in how you show them what your four year olds are achieving. My head is asking about my three year olds. I use the stepping stones as a base line and do best fit asessment with these, until ready for the profile. I can show that the children are achieving within the yellow band and as this curriculum is aimed at this age group then I point out that they are broadly in line with the national expectation!!! I do not want to create myself any more paperwork than necessary, but I would be interested with how others do show Ofsted what the achievement of their three year olds is like on entry. We are expecting an Ofsted at any moment, so we are really focusing on tracking. So my thoughts are with you .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)