Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding And Term Times

Rea

Can you advise? Playgroup may be closing a or two earlier than the local schools at Christmas. How do they stand on the grant if they arent open the same no. of days/weeks as the LEA settings? :)

Hi Rea, might be best to check with your LEA.

I think this may have been discussed A href="http://"www.foundation-stage.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=6777&hl=">here

I know Cheshire at first said full weeks only, but since then have included the wording 'if your setting is open for odd days please round accordingly'

Hope this helps

ok why is the link not there? I'll try again

try here

depends on area, and local requirements, and how many days you have to be open, in our area the days do not have to be same as lEA but just correct number in the financial year, you need to clarify this with funding dept in your area. You may have enough days in the term as the schools have closure days in the term when you are open . which could make up the days you need for the full funding.

Inge

We have to deliver 190 days, it is up to us how we do this. So if we have training days/full day staff meetings we can have them when we like, as long as we do the 190 days.

Linda

There may not be one Peggy, because I've been doing this for so much longer than any of the other committee or playgroup staff, I tend to be the one who finds out info and feeds it back. I dont always get to know what happens next, if anything. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)