Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Oh The Joys Of.......

beth1

Oh what fun supply work is!!! :( :unsure: :ph34r:

I got up at 7.30am just incase the agency rang up and I could get out of the door in a rush. Well by 9.00am there was no phone call, so I went to visit a day nursery to pick up an application form about 10.00 am. What fun that was you'll never guess what :rolleyes: yes thats right no flibing application form, but I did get to look at the nursery. This visit lasted all of 10 mins, right back home again I thought. :o

Well I got home via the docs/chemist, and sat down to watch telly how boring ;) so I went on the computer instead, but then did some constrived work - speculative letters. Went to post them and get the paper etc. Now it's 2pm and I am extremely fed up - afternoon telly is not what it used to be.

Oh the joys of supply work, one day your working next day youre not, unless you are booked in somewhere! :( Now I know how my mum feels when she's at home all day and dad and I are working.

Sorry to rant on but I feel much better already. Maybe I should start a blog on the joys of supply work!!!!!! xD:( :wacko: xD

Beth

Oh the joys of day time TV eh? Enough to drive anyone barkin' Prefer the garden myself except that it 's been too suny.

Things should pick up as you get to be known by places so hang on in there.

Now we could all come up with a list of jobs for you if you like?

Well at least you have a mechanism in place for supply work. I don't think we have such a thing in Lincolnshire, which makes life really difficult at times, especially when staff are on courses etc. I'd definitely be interetsed in using you if you lived round here!

Hi Beth. I do supply and love it. I've been doing it since last October and to start with I was getting the early morning call and not knowing which days I'd be working. I signed up purely because of day time telly, which was reducing my brain to mush :o God help those who are housebound xD .

Dont worry too much about the early morning call, my agency always ask me how long it will take me to get there and then tell the setting, obviously they give me a start time and I try to arrive when they ask but sometimes I have had to arrange to be a little later.

Like mundia says, you just have to hang in there. After 3 months of odds and ends I was given a long term job. That lasted 4 months and after a couple more moths of bits and pieces I'm now on another long term job. Work will soon pick up and if it doesnt there's nothing to stop you from phoning the agency or even signing with more than one. It's a grand way to work. When staff are sitting down to do files, planning and other paperwork I'm picking up my bag to go home. :D

Ask them again Beth. I do long term but NOT full time. Last place was 4 months 10-3 every day, this one is 3 days a week shifts. I also take a day off now and then when I need to, I just let the agency know and they provide cover for the hours I'm booked for. Try other agencies too, mine only supplies to early years providers, whereas some cover a whole range of places and jobs. :D